Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
May 28, 2024, 03:42:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random act of kindness  (Read 9460 times)
GoingCrazy
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »

I love that kind of stuff.  It seems that it's rare these days. 

Today at Wal-Mart I was carrying ds1 and I'm visibly pregnant now .. I was returning a movie to the RedBox rental at the entrance and just as I'm turning to walk to grab a cart another lady comes rushing in the door and grabs one.  I was just standing there quietly waiting for her to get turned around and moved so I could grab mine - she sees me, smiles and gives me the cart she was going to use.  I thanked her and she grabbed another and rushed off.  Obviously in a hurry but still made a nice gesture to me.

I thought about it for a few minutes while I was shopping - when I got in line they were pretty long.  I saw an older gentleman kind of wandering around with 1 item looking at the different lines.  I offered him my place - apparently he was just looking for his wife - it's the thought that counts though right? 

What you always tolerate, you will never change.
ellasmom
Earl/Countess

Mood:

"Rejoice in the LORD always...again I say Rejoice"

Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »

One of my favorite things to do is let people go in front of me in the check out line especially if I have a huge order and they don't, I just LOVE to see their faces light up! No matter how grumpy I am it really benefits me just as much!

" and the drip goes on..." sung to the tune of Cher's song 'and the beat goes on'
DianeM2
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 09:16:56 AM »

Yep.  Since this post that Blessings started, I have been doing way more acts of random kindness.  I love letting people with an armload of stuff go ahead of me in line, too.  I just did this the other day.  The lady smiled, raised her eyebrows and said, "Are you SURE?!"  It does....it gives you just as much benefit as the person you are helping out. 

On the flip side of the coin, men in our area still open doors for women.  At least most do.  I still am very impressed by this courtesy.  I am especially impressed when a teen age male will do that.  Proves that some kids are still being taught respect and manners.

Diane
DS18, adopted age 4, RAD, ADHD, Bi-Polar, PTSD, ARND, Static Encephalopathy, phonological disorder, dysthymia, history of abuse and neglect.  DS currently in Juvenile Corrections Facility.
"Lord help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: