Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
May 07, 2024, 03:13:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The important thing to remember is that if you don't have that inspired enthusiasm that is contagious........ whatever you do have is also contagious."  Danny Cox

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anxiety symptoms  (Read 4499 times)
adsglinda
Administrator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Love is Patient, Love is Kind... 1 Cor 13

WWW Awards
« on: August 13, 2007, 08:15:24 PM »

When your brain sees a threat, your body steps in with a series of reactions. You heart, lungs and other parts of your body work faster and product adrenaline and stress hormones to cope with the threat.

Common physical symptoms of this reaction include:

nausea
dry mouth
tightness in the chest
chest pain
shortness of breath
rapid heartbeat
dizziness
lightheadedness

In addition to these physical reactions, there are also a number of common psychological ones:

insomnia
anger
lack of concentration
irritability
feelings of lack of control

On top of these symptoms, emotional problems can contribute to the anxiety. People suffering from anxiety disorder symptoms often have a constant sense of unease, even when there is no rational explanation. Other things like situations at work or in your family life can also contribute to anxiety.

tnrthoma
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »

Linda,
That last part ( starting with insomnia....) sure DID describe me to a T. Now that we don't have the constant, everyday stress of our two- life is MUCH better than I ever hoped. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Have a wonderful job & a new car. My DH & I have the peace of mind that we did more than a lot of parents 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 05:22:51 PM by tnrthoma, Reason: not applicable » Logged

L, theresa
misskrystal

Mood:

Just keep swimming...

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »

That is all me.  I am trying very hard to control the anxiety but sometimes everything just seems to happen at the same time! 
I work from home, I do all the cooking and cleaning, I have to keep everything running smoothly and when DD is having a bad day it makes mine that much worse.  So many times I feel like I am out of control and my husband doesn't even try to help. angryfire
The past two days I can just be sitting here and start to feel my heartbeat in my throat and my chest begins to tighten...  But I am working on it.  I know it would be much worse if I didn't have the blessing of finding a job to do at home.
Don M
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 07:35:01 PM »

Hi misskrystal;
   It is important that you find a way to keep your marriage strong, because one of the basic truths of children discussed in this group is that they will often try to play one parent against the other.  You are at home all day and therefore the logical one for most immediate support and discipline.  Your dd may well target you as the person who is trying to control her, then give your dh a very very different view when he comes in after a day away.

Please try the search button on this forum area and look for "husband" and "dh" or "dw".  There is a lot of good information about how different families have had trouble with this "triangulation", and some strategies that have worked.  Also many strategies that did not work or might be all wrong for your family, so be a careful reader and use only what you find that is helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: