Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
May 15, 2024, 01:17:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have sucess with EMDR?  (Read 3556 times)
h8edmom
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Rainbowmom4

Awards
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:23:48 PM »

In case you haven't heard about it here is a link  http://www.emdr.com/   It regession therapy to heal old emotional wounds.  It is used for PTSD in vets and Rape Victims.  We are currently awaiting our MH hagencies OK to try it on our 17 yr. old RADISH.  Everything I've read looks soooo promising. 

Me.

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.
Helen Keller
luvmyboy
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »

Our AT tried it on me, because she said I needed to be "attached" to be able to get son to attach to me.

Well, he's attached, but still has many of the behaviors.

I, on the other hand, did not respond as she expected.  When the session was over, she asked how I felt. When I told her terrible, worse than before, she was surprised.  She told me that all of the others that she had done it with felt so much better than when they started.  So I guess each person is different. 

But, I have heard a lot of very positive things about it.  Guess I'm the odd person!

Married to dh 37 yrs.
2 stepdaughters, 45, 41 - no contact
ds 43 kind and loving, married 2 yr
ds 41 responsible, married, 2 gc
dd 33 single, RRFTBA
ds 11 adopted RAD
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:45:05 PM »

I have heard good things too!  Please let us know how your son responds.  justine

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
h8edmom
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Rainbowmom4

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 10:45:21 PM »

We are still waiting for the agency to approve it for use in those under 18.   Undecided  We'd try anything at this point. 

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.
Helen Keller
tnrthoma
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »

My DS had this with moderate- good sucess & we also took advantage of this. It was very positive.

L, theresa
Dee
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 07:41:59 PM »

I was very skeptical of EMDR however I did it for a couple of months because I wasn't sleeping and I was having a difficult time getting over a challenging time when my eldest daughter left our house at age 17  with some very strong and aggressive physical, verbal, and emotional actions.  I don't know about children or youth but it helped me enough to be able to visit my daughter a few months later, when she was staying at her former respite worker's house (who believed that my daughter needed saving frome me).  I was able to sit on the same sofa I had sat in a couple of years before when basically I was told that I was a bad parent.  The EMDR was a funny thing but it took the 'edge' off of my intense feelings around some of the intense incidents that had occurred when my daughter was under my care.  I was able to let go of them a bit. 

Adopted sibling group from Russia in 2000.  They were 8, 10, and 11.
DD born 1988
DD born 1990
DD born 1991
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: