Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 08:52:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Sync with God's Spirit--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 5232 times)
artsymominnc
« on: March 14, 2008, 05:14:43 AM »

In Sync With God’s Spirit
by Jon Walker

I am in them and You are in Me. May they be made completely one, so the world may know You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me. John 17:23 (HCSB)

Your soul is who you are on the inside. When you become a believer, God’s Spirit breathes new life into your soul, making you a new creation in Christ. His Spirit becomes an anchor to your soul, a steadfast force working within you so that you’re no longer pushed about by events, circumstances, or even your feelings - instead your life is controlled by the Spirit of God within you.

The Holy Spirit helps you mature as a believer, prompting you to obey and trust God’s guidance. God wants your soul so in sync with His Spirit that you act as one with Him, serving others on His behalf.

You love God with all your soul when you model the behavior of Christ, setting aside your own agendas and serving in a humble manner that points others toward God. You become an ambassador for Christ, representing His desires, not your own.

This helps you to see people from God’s point of view, recognizing them as eternal beings designed by God for a purpose -- no different from you. You no longer make conclusions about them based upon their appearance or behavior; instead you look deep within to the needs of their souls.

The fact that God has breathed His Spirit into your soul means that you are never alone, and you are not on your own as you take steps of faith. God is always with you, and as a believer, you can never again be separated from His Spirit.

What does this mean?

· Ask God to renew a right Spirit within you -- God can refresh the spirit within you. Tell God that your desire is for the Holy Spirit to flow freely through you, to renew and refresh you each morning.

· Love God with all your soul – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul ….” (Luke 10:27, NIV)

·His or yours? – Ask God to help you discern the answer to this question: ‘Am I serving others on behalf of God, or am I operating from my own agenda?’

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.
Pastor Jon Walker is a writer for www.GraceCreates.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: