Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 05:36:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Desperate people do desperate things!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wash and Rinse Faith--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 5041 times)
artsymominnc
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:06:05 AM »

Wash And Rinse Faith
by Jon Walker

“Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as ‘Lord,’ but they still won’t enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven.” Matthew 7:21 (NLT)

Good afternoon, Mr. Watson, it’s so good to see you again. How is the washing machine working out for you? What’s that? Let me make sure I understand: You’re saying it isn’t working properly!

Okay, okay, no worries – here at the Appliance and Bible Application Center, we pride ourselves on being able to support our customers. So, tell me what’s wrong. Ah, there’s the problem, Mr. Watson. Your expectations are too high!

When you push the “start” button on any of our washers, the machine only follows that command, maybe, half the time. The fact that your washer follows your directions almost 59 percent of the time is absolutely amazing. It simply isn’t going to get any better than that, and really, Mr. Watson – (whispers) we shouldn’t expect too much from these washers.

Now what else is happening? Oh, right, I’ve got it – the owner’s manual says the spin cycle will always follow the wash and rinse, but you washer isn’t paying attention to “the book.” It just follows whatever sequence it wants to – oh my, so sometimes the spin cycle occurs before the clothes are even wet.

I guess, Mr. Watson, you could say the machine is sinning with its spinning! Well, yes, I meant that as a joke. Listen, I have to be honest and tell you we’ve found almost two-thirds of our washers admit they’re doing wrong when they are obedient to your commands of how to wash a load of clothes; and even though they can look at the owner’s manual as well as you or me, not very many of them will actually change what they’re doing in order to function properly.

Okay, Mr. Watson, I’m so glad I could explain everything to you. Excuse me for asking, but is that a mustard stain on your shirt? (whispers) I’m not sure your washer will serve you well with a stain like that. You may want to send that out to the cleaners.

Okay, thanks for coming by. We’ll see you next time!

What does this mean?

· The Creator’s Design – Washing machines are designed to wash. If they fail to do that, then they are being disobedient to their design and their designer. The only way to fulfill their purpose is to be obedient to their design and to deny anything that keeps them from fulfilling their purpose.

· Ask God to show you any areas in your life where you are disobedient to Him because you’re not obedient to your design.--If you’re continually exhausted and stressed, it may be because you’re trying to be someone you weren’t designed to be, or you may be working at something you were never designed to attempt.

· Tell God you’ll be obedient – but also ask Him to guide you to the place of consistent obedience. “God, please help me to develop a strong, rock solid trust in you.”

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.
Pastor Jon Walker is a writer for www.GraceCreates.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: