Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 09:08:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."  George Orwell

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for a Heart Change  (Read 6333 times)
sfmomof9
Novice

Awards
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:11:26 PM »

My RAD daughter, age 7 has bee in a therapeutic foster home for a month now. The foster mom has trained under
Nancy Thomas, and is a God send! My daughter will probably be there fro 3-4 months, coming home on weekends, and then for longer periods, until she is back for good, probably starting in May. The time is almost here for me to start going down once a week fro therapy secessions, and to be honest, I'm scared. The lady says she is beginning to turn a corner. I am afraid I won't be able to get my heart back to the place it needs to be to form a bond with her; I (and my whole family) have been so hurt by her over the past three years. Please pray that God will change my heart and give me His love for her, because I certainly can't do it on my own! Thanks.

Sharon
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »

I hear you!   Let's think of this.....think of your love for one of your angel children, like that 3 year old!  Kiss, now multiply that love by 1000.   Dd7 is one of GOD's beloved children and He loves her with a love we cant imagine...except by using our human love for our lovable kids.   He doesnt want to give up on her.   Dont worry about YOUR love or lack of love for her.....just be thankful that we have a God who loves her perfectly.   Forgive her for yourself, and for her sake.   After reading the powerful novel The Shack recently....I decided that i really didnt want to be unforgiven as I chose to not forgive others.  I want that forgiveness for all of us...not just for myself.

It is hard to do so sometimes.   But God is good.   Let Him love you and let Him love your dd.   Do your best to be compassionate.   My dd's rarely make me happy and have caused me much pain.   They have exposed my enormous HUMANNESS....and I dont like that!   I turn my struggles with loving vs hating into just taking care of them the best i can.   And always praying for them and hoping the best for them.

They hurt me and its hard.   But God knows my weaknesses and I need His Grace just to live with them at times.   So go....and see what you can do to help her....and dont worry about the love-feelings, which may still be temporarily "slain" by the years of rad stun gun action.    Afro

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: