Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 19, 2024, 02:44:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?" George Elliot

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whose Will?  (Read 5604 times)
artsymominnc
« on: August 25, 2007, 12:45:58 PM »

Not as I will, but as Thou wilt. Matthew 26:39

A Christian woman once confided to a friend that shwe found it nearly impossible to pray, "Thy will be done."  She was afraid of what the Lord might call her to do.  Very specifically, she feared being called to a snake-infested swamp to take te Gospel to head-hunting natives.  As a mother of a young child, she simply could not bear the thought that God might call her to leave her child and sacrifice her life on the mission field.

Her friend said to her, "Suppose your little girl came to you tomorrow morning and said, 'Mommy, I have made up my mind to let you have your own way with me from now on.  I'm always going to obey you, and I trust you completely to do everything you think is best for me.'  How would you feel?"

The woman replied, "Why, I'd feel wonderful.  I'd shower her with hugs and kisses and do everything in my power to give her all the things that were good for her and that would help her find her talents and use them to their fullest."

The friend said, "Well, that's how the Lord feels as your Heavenly Father.  His will is going to be far better than anything you have imagined, not far worse."

God's will for Jesus did not end with the pain and suffering of the Cross.  The "end" of God's will for Jesus was His glorious resurrection from the dead, His Ascension to Heaven, his being seated at the right hand of the Father, and His exaltation as King of Kings and Lord of Lords forever!

As Hannah Whitall Smith wrote, "Better ands sweeter than health, or friends, or money, or fame, or ease, or prosperity, is the adorable will of our God.  It gilds the darkest hours with a divine halo, and sheds brightest sunshine on the gloomiest paths...it is only a glorious privilege."

Make your prayer today, "Thy will be done, Lord."  And then see what good things God has for you to experience!

God is perfect love and perfect wisdom.  We do not pray in order to change His will, but to bring our wills into harmony with His. 
Sir William Temple

taken from Quite Moments with God for Mothers, Honor Books, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: