Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 04:20:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Desperate people do desperate things!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer  (Read 13612 times)
DianeM2
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »

I received this as an email today.  You know, one of those hokey ones that if you forward it to everybody you know in 10 minutes something good will happen to you emails...

Well I did like the prayer and thought how appropriate it would be here.

Dear Lord, I thank You for this day, I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you.

I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this  day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things.  Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over. And give the best response when  I'm pushed beyond my limits.

I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak... Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way.  I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those that don't believe.  But I thank you that I believe that God changes people and God changes things.

I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace , love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees it.

Diane
DS18, adopted age 4, RAD, ADHD, Bi-Polar, PTSD, ARND, Static Encephalopathy, phonological disorder, dysthymia, history of abuse and neglect.  DS currently in Juvenile Corrections Facility.
"Lord help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude."
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »

Diane,
That is a beautiful prayer. So many points to ponder. I especially like to remember the attitude of gratitude. I try to live that way, we have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you for the reminder.
Blessings,
Traci

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »

Yes, that was beautiful...  I read it last night before going to bed.  Thanks!

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
cherylbnj
Earl/Countess

Mood:

"better living through chemistry!"

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:39:13 PM »

Amen!

Thank you! It's important to count our blessings every day, even when it's hard to identify what those are sometimes.

Cheryl

Bio DD 27 sweetpea - getting married 10/2013
Adopted DS20 at 10 mos; RAD, FAS, ODD, CD, ADHD and probably a bunch more. And now that he's 20, the diagnosis of sociopath can now officially be applied.
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 11:51:19 PM »

thanks Diane, I needed that.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 09:35:27 AM »

Diane,

Ditto.  Thanks.

anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
tnrthoma
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »

I just printed this out  as my morning or evening prayer.

nites are usually "chats" but mornings are when I will say this before heading off to work!  coffee2

THANKS love4 love4

L, theresa
luvmyboy
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 06:35:31 PM »

Thank you so much.  It's well written, and easily applicable to all.

Married to dh 37 yrs.
2 stepdaughters, 45, 41 - no contact
ds 43 kind and loving, married 2 yr
ds 41 responsible, married, 2 gc
dd 33 single, RRFTBA
ds 11 adopted RAD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: