Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 29, 2024, 11:13:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prayers for my family and me  (Read 13461 times)
remaininghopeful

Awards
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »

I'm struggling to remain hopeful for my 7 yr old who is in his 7th psychiatric hospitalization...adopted at 3.  My heart aches for him when he's gone but yet life is so hard when he's home. ...been a huge stress of my marriage and on all of us personally...lots of grief at timeds over the loss of a happy, peaceful family I dreamed of having, he's my only child and I hoped to have a few kids but his illness is so much work...sometimes I get jealous of others whose kids don't have my son's issues...wanting to be grateful for what I have instead of what I don't...wanting to remain hopeful for healing for him but it's hard...thanks for your prayers
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »

I will pray for you and your family right now.   Hope brings its own kind of pain, but where would we be without it?   ((((((you))))))

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Jeannie
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »

Like Justine, I'm praying for you now.  May the Lord grant peace to your heart, to your home, to your family.  This is a hard road we travel.  It's good to travel it together, and to encourage one another along the way.

Bio-daughters 30 & 28, bio-son now in heaven, dear son 14 (healing from alphabet soup disorder)
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:38:32 AM »

I also am the praying sort.

I consider it a privilege to lift you up in prayer.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 01:22:55 AM »

remaininghopeful,
I will pray too! I'm so much like you, we were young when we adopted and his behaviors were so bad there was no way we could think of bringing any other child into our family. At age 7 is when our ds was hospitalized twice that year. We've had foster children that we hoped to adopt but they are back home, my ds says bad things about me ever being pregnant so, yah, I know what do you do. YOU LET GO AND LET GOD! and yes, I do wonder what happened to that wonderful life I dreamed of. We all have Blessings, my biggest is my husband, so I really try to nurture that relationship!
Prayers going up, hang in there!
Traci

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 04:41:06 PM »

Prayers going up here also.  There is always hope.  I like Traci's phrase, "Let go and let God."  Seek His guidance, wisdom, love and patience.  In Him, we can rest.  (((((((((remaining hopefull))))))))

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
remaininghopeful

Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »

a BIG thank you to everyone for your words of support and encouragement and for your prayers...you are a blessing to me!
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »

Sounds like you have your hands full and are wise not to try and bring other kids into such a violent situation.  It must be discouraging and exhausting.  I will pray for you also.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 01:43:04 AM »

I'm sorry your family & you have been through such a tremendous ordeal.  Praying for peace, comfort & healing for you all!

Hugs!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: