Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
May 02, 2024, 12:49:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."  George Orwell

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something Good  (Read 6269 times)
greymaster98
Well Known

Awards
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:35:54 AM »

I went to a meeting not too long ago.  Someone asked how I was doing and I told them about my DS11.  They all understood that times were tough even if they don't really understand how bad it is.  One of the ladies asked me to tell her some good things about my DS11.  I know she was trying to get me to think positively.  It was an interesting approach.

I thought we might enjoy sharing some of the good things about dear RADishes.  My DS11 is a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do (and has never used it against any family.)  He is a hardworker and helps with cleaning the house and yardwork.  He is very intelligent.  He has the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen.  He's a real looker and has well-defined muscles that he's very proud of.  His energizer bunny traits make him the perfect person to take cemetery hopping with me.  I'm a genealogist.  He can go up and down rows for hours after I'm too tired to look to find someone's tombstone.  Then, he'll clean up their stone and work tirelessly on it.  He seems to have a genuine interest even when I'm not researching his or our family.
DianeM2
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:55:18 AM »

This was always very hard for me.  We had to list his strengths each time he was placed in a new facility.  He can be very funny.  Picked me up and gave me a piggy back ride once.  His athletic abilities are his strongest suit.  Watching him play basketball and football this last year, I see that he is even able to follow the rules now.  He does seem to like small children.  I think he can relate to them better since his mental age is around 10.  Hmmm, this is hard because it's difficult to tell what is a strength and what is a manipulation or what is superficially charming.

Diane
DS18, adopted age 4, RAD, ADHD, Bi-Polar, PTSD, ARND, Static Encephalopathy, phonological disorder, dysthymia, history of abuse and neglect.  DS currently in Juvenile Corrections Facility.
"Lord help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude."
radmom43

Mood:

Family is like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »

My daughter has a beautiful voice. She is funny, smart and always the life of the party. She really does work very hard on being a family girl. She slips once in a while, but really, really tries. She is compassionate(yes, she is healing!) and will always try to make you feel better when you are sad. She has gorgeous brown eyes and eyelashes that I would die for!

She is always willing to try new things. She loves to cook.

THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!!!!

I realized that I really could go on and on and on and on. It's a GREAT feeling!  laugh  laugh  laugh

Gerri

Gerri

Loving wife to J for 11 yrs
Loving Mom to A, 9yr old RAD daughter
Sparrow
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

i may not be like you, but im exactly like me"

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:26:44 PM »

my dd3 is very strong willed. she is much like her mother Wink
she has beautiful hazel eyes, with flecks of brown mixed in with the blue.
she gives nice hugs, when she is willing.
dd loves to help with anything from cleaning to yardwork
dd has a beautiful voice, and plays the piano very nicely for a 3 year old.
dd can be insanely patient when she needs to be
she has the perfect shade of blond hair and the blackest eyelashes in the world. that girl will never need mascara!
she is good to her baby brother, which is very nice!!!

"why do people kill people for killing people to show that killing people is wrong?"
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:41:10 PM »

ds12r loves people.  He is very sociable, and has never met a stranger.  I know, superficially charming comes to mind, but that's not it with him.  He genuinely loves people.  I think some day he will have a job dealing with people, just don't know what area that will be in because of his cognitive abilities and learning issues.

ds12a is persistent.  When he decides he wants something, either to do or to have, he doesn't let up easily.  Given the long term difficulties he faces with his low cognitive abilities and learning issues, this will help him later in life (if he doesn't get totally beat up in the growing up process, first).

ds12a is developing a wry sense of humor.  So far it looks like it is developing in a good way, and not being used at the expense of someone else.  However, he also needs to develop the ability to show, in his tone, he is joking so people don't misunderstand (like I do a lot).

Both boys like music and drawing.  Given their past delays in motor skills, I'm amazed how well they both draw.

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
DianeM2
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »

You know, this IS a good thread!  Reading others' posts, I realize that Jake is also a good artist.  Left handed, not bad handwriting for a lefty.  (No offense to any lefty's here Kiss Grin)  His handwriting is very small and light.  I would like to have someone that analyzes handwriting look at it. You would think it would be big, angry and bold. Huh?  I digress.....imagine that.  Muaa?

I've been pondering the liking people comment.  Ya, superficial does come to mind, but in thinking about it, he likes to chat with people.  He spends time talking to clerks in stores and asking genuine questions.  So he does like people, until they say something he doesn't like. 

Good to focus on the positive once in a while.

Diane
DS18, adopted age 4, RAD, ADHD, Bi-Polar, PTSD, ARND, Static Encephalopathy, phonological disorder, dysthymia, history of abuse and neglect.  DS currently in Juvenile Corrections Facility.
"Lord help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude."
JoycePix
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

Greymaster,
My DD16 is beautiful - She has long black hair, brown eyes; and the most wonderful smile in the world.
She is musically gifted - and she's won State Solo awards in choir each year the past 4 years.
She's very intelligent; and consitently makes the A-B Honor Roll.
In 7th Grade, she won a District wide contest - and named our new high school.  We were so proud when she did her presentation before the School Board!!
She excels in sports: Basketball, tennis, swimming and socccer. She was an All-City Goalie - quit an achievement; since she plays on a co-ed team.
She enjoys gardening, and takes great pride showing off "her flowers."
Her sense of humor is remarkable at times - I appreciate her wit.
She is a talented artist, too.

Thank you for starting this thread.
Joyce
luvmyboy
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »

My ds7 can carry a tune very well; our church musical director noticed that when he was 3. 
He impresses people with his proper manners and politeness.
When he initiates and does a project, he is very precise.
He is gentle with our cocker.
His eyes are always the first thing that people notice about him: "He has such beautiful eyes!"

Married to dh 37 yrs.
2 stepdaughters, 45, 41 - no contact
ds 43 kind and loving, married 2 yr
ds 41 responsible, married, 2 gc
dd 33 single, RRFTBA
ds 11 adopted RAD
trying
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 12:23:46 AM »

My ds14 is good looking and quite intelligent.  Adults seem to really like him.  He likes doing things that make the world a better place.  He can give the best heartfelt apology I have ever heard when he feels truly sorry about something he has done.  He has a lot of insight into his own emotions sometimes.

We are not what we shall be, but we are on the way.   Martin Luther
dragonflydiva
Novice

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 10:46:55 PM »

Great thread. I am always very bad at this when caseworkers ask. My DD12 is very beautiful and she is a good model for my blooming photography business. Never tires of posing.  Smiley  She has a way with little kids and animals. They all just trust her. Even animals said not to be friendly. She has a connection. It always fascinates me. When we are one on one, she's very engaging and personable...a fun one to take to the mall.
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »

Dd13:
beautiful singing voice - does a solo every year for school musicals
loves animals, though doesn't always understand them
very good with little ones, learning empathy through them
amazing artist - very talented
sweet and tender when her defenses are down - almost makes me cry some days
beautiful features - perfect face, intense brown eyes that dance, beautiful brown locks

Ds10:
great sense of humour
very caring and able to see needs in others
great with little ones
determined - needed as he's gone from two leg braces to one, now rides a bike, skateboard, scooter, etc. (he's also got cerebral palsy)
smart - hoo, wee! 
charming and handsome - blond, blue-eyed, great smile, etc.

Thanks.  I needed this thread!
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
hedahanz
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »

Sounds like a great kid in many ways. Even though its hard to remember those qualities. I love geneology too! I'm new to this forum and am looking for some inspiration.

Heather Huh?
cherylbnj
Earl/Countess

Mood:

"better living through chemistry!"

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »

My ds14 does a good job breathing!!!!

Cheryl

Bio DD 27 sweetpea - getting married 10/2013
Adopted DS20 at 10 mos; RAD, FAS, ODD, CD, ADHD and probably a bunch more. And now that he's 20, the diagnosis of sociopath can now officially be applied.
diane
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »

My ds14 does a good job breathing!!!!

And I'll bet his hair grows, too!   angel10

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, screaming WOO HOO! What a ride!
luvmyboy
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:02 PM »

My ds7 does a good job of making hei bed before he leaves his room in the morning. . . laugh

Married to dh 37 yrs.
2 stepdaughters, 45, 41 - no contact
ds 43 kind and loving, married 2 yr
ds 41 responsible, married, 2 gc
dd 33 single, RRFTBA
ds 11 adopted RAD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: