Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 29, 2024, 09:46:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?" George Elliot

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SweetPea needs some prayers  (Read 14349 times)
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:11:44 AM »

SweetPea13 told me on her way to bed tonight (last night) that she was having some pain in her Right Upper Quadrant. So I checked her over, nothing specific, told her we would keep an eye on it, and pop into convenience care tomorrow.(now today, yawn, it's late!).  At midnight she got up and found me as the pain had woken her up and she was throwing up.

As this is one of my stoic kiddos, (the kid that I took in once cause she just kind of tugged on her ear, and she had double ear infections) she met the criteria for a trip to the ED.

Two very nice nurses and one nice doctor later, they decided to pop her into the CT to rule out an appendicitis.

As she was getting the contrast, she started to sneeze.  Seems sweetpea is allergic to contrast dye.  Good to know.

And thankfully, no appendicitis, but she does have a 1 inch by 1 inch ovarian cyst.  No torsion of the fallopian tube, but definitely bring her back in if the pain gets worse.

Prayers please as we are to leave on Wednesday for our Denver adventure to see the King Tut exhibit.  I just want her to feel well as she is so looking forward to this trip.

And prayers of thanksgiving that I live in a city where I can walk into an ED on a Saturday night at a little after midnight, have a diagnosis and a CT scan for my kiddo and be home by 4 a.m.  I am so grateful.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:53:11 PM »

Hears to a good trip to see King Tut.   hope the symptoms subside quickly.   And yeah...small town ERs are nice, eh?   happy8

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »

Thanks Justine. 

And you will laugh.  The ER I was in last night was in my great big humongous level 1 trauma center.  We have been working so hard on ER times, and last night they were on their game!  So proud of them!

blessings

mary anne radmacher
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »

Prayers from here.  Cysts are painful.  Here's to hoping you make your trip and see all the wonders of Ancient Egypt!
 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Geertje
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 02:06:39 PM »

Prayed for her that the pain will go away and that you will be able to make the trip
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »

Thanks all.  She is now pain free and feeling much better, and our trip is still on.

When we get back I will get her evaluated by her doctor.  This is one time I am glad I am a nurse and know when to freak out and when to not.

Thanks again!

blessings

mary anne radmacher
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 12:31:01 AM »

Praying for her, cyst are extremely painful. What do they do for a 13 year old?

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 01:40:41 AM »

Glad your DD is on the mend!  Have a great time!!!
mmorse
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 07:34:28 AM »

Best Wishes!
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 11:06:32 AM »

traci,

in the short term, nothing. Unless the pain comes back, then there is a risk to the ovary and maybe surgery.  But the majority of cysts resolve on their own.

In the long term, she will be evaluated.  Probably starting with a baseline ultrasound when we return, and then periodically.  And I will start tracking her cycles on my calendar so I can see a pattern if there is one.

She is awful young.  Hoping that this is a fluke.  Long term treatment is the regulation of her cycles with oral contraceptives.  Time will tell.

Just feel for her.  They are painful!

blessings

mary anne radmacher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: