Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
May 02, 2024, 06:28:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?" George Elliot

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theraplay  (Read 2099 times)
Coltrane1

Awards
« on: September 07, 2008, 04:30:47 AM »

Does anyone know anything about Theraplay?  We are considering trying it, but it will cost us a fortune because insurance won't cover it.  Any thoughts on whether it is worth the money?
merry
Well Known

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 06:30:26 AM »

It might be a good idea for you to do a search on Theraplay for all the "facts".  I believe I can help you with the effects Theraplay has on the family.

Our family benefitted immensely from Theraplay.  I was concerned that our dd would not respond as she was already 10 at the time and a tough nut to crack.  She is doing extremely well now and is definitely attached.  My husband and I both attended every session which helped me to feel supported but I do know that it is not unusual for a husband to not attend every session.

While we were fortunate enough to have it covered by insurance as part of a comprehensive RAD program, I would definitely pay for this if I had to.  In our therapists' office, EVERYONE with attachment issues does Theraplay at one point in time.  While it is difficult to begin, it does end up being FUN which is truly amazing.

It could take quite a while as it did with our dd but it is worth it.  This is not play therapy which is client led, but Theraplay which is therapist led which our little darlings definitely need.

I hope I have helped a bit,
Merry
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

Theraplay was really the only way to get through to our ds, everyone is different, sorry about your insurance coverage! It might be worth a few sessions to see if it's right for your family! It's very non threatening to the child and I feel less stressful too!

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: