Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 28, 2024, 07:21:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the NEW forum for Trauma Headquarters and ADSG!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 12882 times)
Kevins Kitchen
King/Queen

Mood:

Parenting IS a VERB

Awards
« on: May 30, 2009, 07:49:20 AM »

First, I'd like to ask for Prayers of Gratitude.

Wifey's leg healed up after 5 months of issues in time for her to have a SUCCESSFUL Cardiac Ablation in April.

blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1 blob1

And then, I'd ask for a prayer of healing for me.

I won't be posting for at least a few weeks.  I'm getting ready to have my shoulder rebuilt on Wednesday, June3.
25 years ago, I rolled a van 4 times and busted myself up, taking 11 months to heal.  My left humerus was broken into 3 pieces at midshaft in a 48 degree angle.  When the orthodoc gave up on a closed reduction and put in a plate, he noted extensive damage to my rotator cuff.  For a number of years, I'd go in periodically and have fluid removed and cortison injected.  He didn't like my chances for successful surgery 25 years ago, and advocated waiting until it had to be done, hoping that techniques would be better.  Well, over a year ago, I noticed a great reduction in both strength and range of motion in my left arm.  Had it checked out, and was dx'd as needing a rotator cuff repair done.  Wifey's year long health issues between atrial fib/cardiac ablation and the fall/hematoma/surgical evacuation etc. required me to delay surgery as we couldn't both be down, and I needed both hands to do dressing changes on her.

So, Wednesday, I go in to have a total rotator cuff tear/detached rotator cuff repaired.  It'll require 6 weeks of having my arm strapped to my side to keep it imobile and allow it to heal as best possible.

So if ya'll miss me on the board, know that while I might be lurking, typing with one hand frustrates me and I probably won't be doing any posting.

Thanks in advance for the prayers.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, screaming WOO HOO! What a ride!
RIP Diane And Gustavo, You'll be missed.
Geertje
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »

Kevin, I'll be praying for you, that you shoulder should heal nice and that you will be able to do everything with it, and in between for patience because it's a long time for not being able to use your arm.
Great blessings that your wife's leg got healed and the succesfull cardiac ablation. love4 wave
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 11:21:28 AM »

Will pray for a successful surgery and quick recovery!   As for therapy....I'm an OT so i will say "do your exercises!"  director

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
chris28
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:42:53 PM »

Sending lots of prayers from here, Kevin, for a speedy healing, and little pain.

WooHoo for Wifey!!!!

Listen to Justine!!!

Hugs,
Chris

Don't tell me to relax....it's my stress that's holding me together!
rapunzel44
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 09:20:39 PM »

I'm really happy to hear that your wifey is all in good working order again, and I imagine her spirits will be up as well!

As for your surgery, since I am german, I recommend eating lots of gfreen leafy vegetables, becasue they will assist in speedy healimg. The ones you don't really like are the especially beneficial ones! police

Jokes aside, hoping your surgery goes well. Just let us know very briefly when you're home, frustrated or not, please. So we can send cybercards your way!

DSD22, definitely Raddy (self-diagnosed by me)
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »

Praying your surgery will be very successful and a quick recovery!! angel10
So glad to hear your wife is doing so well!! sunny

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 12:18:34 AM »

((((Kevin)))))    Enjoy the medication!   Praying for you tomorrow! 

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: