Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 29, 2024, 11:41:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for kids  (Read 15829 times)
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:08:19 AM »

We seem to have been hit with several issues we could use some prayer support for.

1. I am greatly concerned for dd16.  She let me know today that her anti-psychotic medication is once again not working.  I know it's very discouraging for her.  This is her third medication and third increase of that medication.  She is now taking 30 mgs of Zyprexa and it's not working.  She has both auditory and visual hallucinations.  She really needs this under control as she cannot progress with anything else when this is a problem.  Pray for them to find something that works long term for her.

2.  ds15 (not RAD) has been coming home and sleeping every day since last Wednesday for at least 3 hours.  He's not depressed.  We are concerned about mono.  He is usually very active, playing some kind of sport every day and keeps up with school, so I'm concerned that this may present a challenge.  Dh took him in to urgent care Saturday and they declined to do a blood test, claimed he would get a false negative this early on.  I plan to take him to his pediatrician later this week if it continues. 

3.  ds 21 (not RAD) called me at home tonight from work to let me know he is exhausted and sick.  Sounds more like flu than mono, but you never know.  He has a full schedule with completing last semester of Jr. College AA and 35 hrs/week of factory work.

Appreciate your prayer and support so very much!  TBMom

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:59:09 AM »

Prayers for your kiddos!!
I would definately get them into see the Dr., a good multivitamin and an extra vitamin C vitamin might help ward off illness too.

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
chris28
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »

TBMom, praying for your kids, and for their awesome mom!

Hugs,
Chris icon_flower

Don't tell me to relax....it's my stress that's holding me together!
Geertje
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »

Truebluemom wave

I'll will be prayer for your kids
 love9 Geertje
luvmyboy
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »

TrueBlueMom

Sure, I will be praying for your children.  May each of them get exactly the help they need and improve toward health. Smiley

Married to dh 37 yrs.
2 stepdaughters, 45, 41 - no contact
ds 43 kind and loving, married 2 yr
ds 41 responsible, married, 2 gc
dd 33 single, RRFTBA
ds 11 adopted RAD
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »

Prayers for TBmom and your kids!   Sounds overwhelming!  Prayers for healing for all three....

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
momtofive
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Seeking him everyday in all that I do!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »

TBMom,
I will pray for kiddos and you.  Know that things like this can upset the balance that is precarious at times for all of us.   I hope all is going well for DD18 - Did DH see her this weekend?   Blessings and Prayers.   Momtofive

momtofive,  DD9 adopted at 3y11mo with RAD, Latent ADD, OCD, Impulse Control Disorder, FAE,
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »

Praying for all of you.

A hedge of protection around all of you.

Prayers for healing.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. 

I got a call from rtc this morning that dd16 had run out of the restricted area and they had to hold her.  Don't know the details, but it didn't sound as violent as usual.  It is pretty typical for her to act out when actively psychotic.  I talked with her this evening and she is still having hallucinations and no mention of med change yet.  Haven't talked with the psychiatrist to know whether they are giving it more time or plan to adjust. Please keep the med issue for dd16 in your prayers.  This is really bad for her as the voices are constantly telling her to hurt or kill people.  She says she's hearing them nonstop.  I can't imagine living that way!

I talked with ds15s pediatrician's office nurse today.  She had him come in.  They ran several tests.  They ruled out mono and anemia.  They had to send out for Epstein-Barr virus test.  The pediatrician indicated it could also be a flu virus.  He's had patients with similar flu symptoms before.  Ds did better today, so will let you know how it goes.

Ds 21 is also better.  Still a bit rocky, but was able to work and go to school. 

Re Dd18:  DH did not attend the meeting this weekend.  He was feeling under the weather from sinus surgery and didn't feel up to the trip. Still no move from dd18 toward contacting us.  DD16 was able to finally talk with dd18 today after meeting the rtc's requirements for 5 days of nonviolent behavior.   Dd16 reported that dd18 asked what dd16 planned to do when she was released from rtc.  Dd16 told us she replied that she planned to come home.  That's a first.  She's told us she wanted to live on her own or live with dd18.  I think dd16 was attempting to show some solidarity with the family.  That is huge, since she has always given her complete loyalty to dd18...go figure!  I'm hoping our rtc therapist will fill us in on his perception of the conversation as I'm sure we'll get a clearer analysis from him.

Again, thanks for your support.  Yesterday was rough with all my babies struggling.  Today looks brighter.    TBMom
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:44:20 AM by Truebluemom » Logged

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)

momtofive
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Seeking him everyday in all that I do!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 08:07:33 AM »

TBMom,
Yeah for DD16 - What a HUGE step for her.   I will continue praying about the med situation and of course for DS15  and DH to continue on to better health.   Believing in God's plan for your family and mine.   Momtofive

momtofive,  DD9 adopted at 3y11mo with RAD, Latent ADD, OCD, Impulse Control Disorder, FAE,
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 12:17:11 PM »

Everyone seems to be doing OK now.  Thanks for the prayers. 

I talked with dd16 yesterday and the psychotic symptoms are gone.  Either the dose increase kicked in or she is not as anxious as she was since she got to call her sister.

ds15 seems to have his energy back.  Unfortunately, his good humor is lagging behind a bit... oh well, can't have it all.

TBMom

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: