Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 01:53:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Love That Sweats--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 9270 times)
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:24:39 AM »

Love That Sweats
by Jon Walker

We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 1:3 (NIV)

Today’s guest devotional is provided by Jon Walker –

When Jesus loves, he works up a sweat; he rolls up his sleeves, gets on his knees, and washes our feet with his blood, sweat, and tears.

He labors at love, though his love is never like labor. He’s a giver, not a taker, loving us into being with a gifted carpenter’s hands. And he’s no slacker, loving us until we can take no more; no more because we’re filled to overflowing, his love spilling and splashing through our pores into the cores of those we love with his love, a love’s labor not lost on a world that needs to be found.

He wrestles our fears and wrangles our doubts and labors at love until he’s exhausted, lying prone in a garden, drinking from God’s cup the nourishment necessary for one last heroic sweaty, bloody, tearful lift of the Father’s infinite love; ready to die for God’s undying love.

A Jesus-love sticks to it, even when the it seems like an unstickable fury that’s no longer fun or convenient or even something you want to do. Jesus keeps on laboring in you and through you, finishing what he started, loving until the last with a love that lasts forever (John 13:1).

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.

ellasmom
Earl/Countess

Mood:

"Rejoice in the LORD always...again I say Rejoice"

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »

Thanks! His love is truly amazing!

" and the drip goes on..." sung to the tune of Cher's song 'and the beat goes on'
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:07:18 PM »

Thank You, this touched my heart..I pray every morning for the strength for the day for the work I need to do for my kiddos, husband, and job. I know I don't have the strength, but he does!! And the Jesus-love, that's the kind of love to put into everything we do.

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 11:09:28 PM »

thank you,

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 04:47:07 AM »

I hoped you all might connect with that one as much as I did.  It's very short...but gets right to the point of what loving someone--and being loved by our Heavenly Father--is all about.

Blessings to all of you!

Liz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: