Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 07:58:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurturing a Quiet Soul--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 5114 times)
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:50:01 AM »

Nurturing a Quiet Soul
by Jon Walker

But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. Psalm 131:2 (NIV)

Today’s guest devotional is provided by Jon Walker –

My older sister, Lori Hensley, a very serious prayer warrior, once taught me to meditate on Psalm 131 to help me move toward God’s peace that passes all understanding:

We keep our hearts humble. This doesn’t mean we have a low opinion of ourselves. A humble heart means we know our position in Christ, and so we stop being responsible for the things of which we were never responsible. This frees us to live like God intended and allows us to make uncluttered choices that will move us closer to God.

We show the maturity of a weaned child. The nursing child demands attention now, but the weaned child trusts and is content to wait. We quietly center ourselves on God, peacefully, without agitation and anxiety, and trust God is actively supporting us.

We hope in the Lord with confident expectation. Truth says God will answer our prayers; he will respond to our needs; he will pave the path before us now and forever (Psalm 18:36).

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: