Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 06:30:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scared children do scary things!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 62682 times)
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:55 PM »

It's humbling to admit one's own needs, but I ask for your prayers on my behalf as I address a few health issues next week. 

On Monday morning I have an appointment for a second ultrasound to examine a growth on my left ovary.  Given my history of endometriosis and fibroid tumors, it could be that it's just a new growth of endometriosis...or possibly a hemorrhagic cyst that will clear up on its own.  Worse case scenario, it could be an ovarian tumor.  I may not find out anything until I see my doctor again on December 11th...which is a long time to wait.  I suppose if it's found to be more urgent, the doctor will contact me sooner.

I just had a mammogram yesterday, and though I have no particular reason to expect any problems, I feel a little anxious knowing that I have to wait about 2 weeks for the results.

I'm also dealing with high blood pressure and a heart murmur which may or may not be indicative of a heart eurythmia.  I had an EKG done yesterday at the doctor's office, and I have an appointment next Wednesday morning at the hospital for an echocardiogram.  I will also have to wear an "event monitor" for a period of time to gather data about my heart rate and the frequency of its irregular beating.  Sounds complicated doesn't it?  A little scary too....I feel more vulnerable than I ever have before. 

The heart issue is of particular concern to me because both my dad and my brother died of unexplained causes, and the doctor I saw yesterday questioned whether they might have died from an eurythmia.  That would seem to be nearly impossible to trace in an autopsy if the heart just "stopped."  We may never know...but it's my understanding that a heart eurythmia is treatable, so it's always a blessing to have a diagnosis before its become a severe problem.   

I ask for your prayers to help me overcome my fears about what the results of these tests might be.  I pray for the faith to persevere in trying to make healthy choices for myself, to accept whatever limitations my body might have now or in the future, and to have courage if I need to have any surgery.  I've had two surgeries within the past ten years, and I admit that I am afraid of having to go through anything like that again.   

Thank you.

Liz
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 01:08:41 PM »

Liz,

of course I will add your health concerns to my prayers.

Heart arrythmias are very serious.  I am glad you are going to be wearing a monitor, that will help the doctors a lot.

I will also pray about your other concerns.

Also, and I do apologize, but the nurses hat is always on, if you ever feel chest pressure, discomfort, a fluttery feeling, or just don't feel right, please get to your nearest cardiac center as quickly as possible.  Preferably somebody else driving, an ambulance if need be.

I do not mean to unnecessarily worry you, but heart disease in women is very tricky because women do not present with the normal signs and symptoms.

I pray a hedge of protection over you and for compassion and wisdom from the health care professionals that will be caring for you.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
Geertje
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:19 PM »

I'll pray for you love7
luvmyboy
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »

Add my prayers, too.  That is a lot of things to worry about at the same time.  My your worries be quieted, and your health be renewed.

Married to dh 37 yrs.
2 stepdaughters, 45, 41 - no contact
ds 43 kind and loving, married 2 yr
ds 41 responsible, married, 2 gc
dd 33 single, RRFTBA
ds 11 adopted RAD
chris28
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »

Sending prayers for peace throughout this uncertain time.

Hugs,
Chris

Don't tell me to relax....it's my stress that's holding me together!
diane
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 09:24:53 AM »

So much at once, no wonder you are stressed.  I will pray for peace for you. 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, screaming WOO HOO! What a ride!
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »

When it rains, it pours.  I got the mammogram results back and the letter stated that something showed up that the technician believes to be benign, but I will have to have another mammogram done in six months to be on the safe side. 

Still waiting on the test results from the ultrasound on Monday and the echocardiogram this morning....

I'm hooked up to a heart monitor for the next month...no incidents yet today.

On the bright side, my blood pressure reading this morning was lower than it's been in ages!  Go figure...trying to get to the appointment this morning was a bit of a hassle because ds's bus was late picking him up...I hit quite a bit of traffic...and then I had some trouble finding the right building for the cardiology center.  I must be doing something right in trying to maintain a positive attitude about all this.  Whenever I start to feel a little scared or worried, I remind myself that in situation like this, others are taking care of me, and I owe it to them to be as calm and cooperative as possible. 

Liz
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »

thanks for the update.

I will keep praying for you.

Keep us posted.

blessings

mary anne radmacher
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 10:38:45 PM »

Liz,
Praying the Lord to send good health and peace of mind your way!
Take Care!
Traci love7

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 04:24:00 AM »

More updates.....

My doctor's office gave me a call late yesterday afternoon to let me know that they have been reviewing the test results.

The size of the growth on my left ovary has decreased--which is great news!  I will still have to have another ultrasound done in 4-6 weeks to confirm that it's not an issue of concern anymore.  There is apparently also a cyst on my right ovary, but perhaps it's small enough that it wasn't of concern.

The echocardiogram revealed that some of my heart valves do not close tightly, but it appears to be a mild issue at this point.  I will continue to wear the monitor for another 28 days and see if any readings might give them more information.  So far no incidents to record.  It's a little unsettling to wear the monitor and not have anything happen. (Kind of reminds me of how I took my car in to our mechanic a couple of weeks ago after hearing a squealing noise for weeks.  Since the day before the appointment, I have not heard that same sound at all.  It just stopped on its own.)   Anyway...at least I have it for whenever I might need it.  Until then I am just trying not to pay too much attention to it.   

I didn't have as much information about the mammogram as the doctor's office did.  My letter said to report back in six months...their letter said that the hospital would like to see me back soon for more imaging of the left breast as soon as possible.  The doctor's office is setting up the appointments for me for this and the ultrasound...

More details later....but I am feeling so grateful for the information that I have received.  It allows me to know how t take better care of myself.

Thanks again for the ongoing prayers.  Much appreciated!!!

Liz
traci
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »

Liz, Praying for your good health!
I've been called in for a 2nd mammogram and then an ultrasound and then a surgery consult and it was only found to be a fibercystic breast, hope that's what's happening with you. I also get cyst on my right ovary, they say it's like a blister, they only remove them if they get to big and painful but it's not cancer. I've had a mitral valve prolapse for 20 years, where my valve doesn't close just right, my heart will race occasionally but that's all, I hope it's that simple for you too.
just wanted you to know you not alone, (wasn't ment to give you my health record)
Keep us posted!
Blessings,
Traci

Hebrews 13:5-6 Amplified Bible
for He God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will Not, I will Not, I will Not in any degree leave you helpeless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you ASSUREDLY NOT.

A ds 17
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 03:59:22 AM »

I have appointments set now for a follow-up mammogram/ultrasound on December 10th--and then another ultrasound to re-check the ovarian cyst on December 22nd. 

Liz
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 07:06:22 AM »

Hi Liz,  Sorry I didn't see this before now.  I, too, will remember you in my prayers this week.

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 06:22:44 AM »

Just a brief update....I had a second mammogram and an ultrasound done yesterday.  The results indicate that the area of concern is still a concern and the next step is to do a biopsy.  I have an appointment with my regular doctor this morning and will be making arrangements to schedule the biopsy, hopefully sooner than later.  (I'm not sure what the waiting time is to get in for this type of procedure.) 

Liz
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 07:56:59 AM »

Liz,

thanks for the update.

depending on the size of the town you live in, you should be able to get in pretty quickly.  Let's hoping so, so that you can have some answers.

Trying not to worry is the pits!!!!

Hugs and prayers,

blessings

mary anne radmacher
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: