Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 20, 2024, 08:03:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Fear leads to Anger.  Anger leads to Hate.  Hate leads to suffering." 

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 63345 times)
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »

I've got a date set for the afternoon of January 5th...that was the earliest available because of the holiday season.  I was kind of hoping for a morning appointment because then I do not have to factor in picking up my older son from school at 3:00 and being home for ds10's bus by 3:30....but I've given dh a "heads up" to give me some help with the boys that afternoon.

Liz
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »

Liz,

Just a thought, but it will only work if you have some flexibility in your schedule.

Call the clinic back and ask them to put you on their cancellation list.  That way if they get a cancellation, they could call you and you could get in earlier. 

Like I said, just a thought.

I'll put the 5th on my calendar and be praying about that day.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 06:40:06 AM »

That's not a bad idea, but with the number of appointments and other things I'm already trying to juggle these days, I think I'll just stick with the date as it is.  It'll be here before I know it! 

Liz
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 06:58:45 AM »

with the number of appointments and other things I'm already trying to juggle these days

juggling appointments, boy can I relate!!!!!

yikes and gadzooks!!!!

Hope you have a little bit of time some days to sit quietly by yourself and catch your breath.

blessings

mary anne radmacher
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 04:38:26 AM »

Further update....had a third ultrasound to look at my ovaries on Monday morning.  It wasn't a quick appointment like the second ultrasound had been...in fact, the technician called in a doctor to look at the images.  I don't have a lot of information except that they think I may have a dermoid cyst, which, I have read, in most cases are benign.  So, the next step is to see a gynecologist, which probably won't be until after the holidays.  My doctor's office is in the process of making a referral for me, and I am sure I will get a more detailed explanation at that point.

I appreciate the continued prayers.  I'm not feeling particularly worried...just that much more mindful of trying to do what I can to relax and take good care of myself.  The boys have been home with me for vacation since Friday afternoon, and ds10 is holding onto every bad thought, fear, and worry that he can muster up...past, present, and future.  I was unpacking some boxes last week and came across a couple of pictures of the boys where they are both smiling and I've put those out on the desk...right here by the computer...so that I can remember that we have had happy times doing normal family things.  That may not happen very often these days....but I'm not giving up on trying to pull together some nice family time during this vacation.  Having ds12 at home too helps me keep my sanity.  He's teaching me how to play chess.  The fact that he said I was annoying him with some moves yesterday was a compliment of sorts in the sense that I occasionally messed up some of his strategy.  I haven't beaten him yet, but at least I've not given him easy wins either. 

Oh...in other news, dh has been scrambling a bit to research used cars because we're needing to replace our 1989 Ford Taurus station wagon (ancient, I know....our other car is a 1988 Honda Accord sedan that dh has been driving since about 1993 or 1994.)  He's taken on the bulk of that responsibility because he knows I've had a full agenda with medical appointments...my own and ds10's.  We've been looking at a 2005 Kia Sedona mini van, and if all goes well, dh will be bringing it home this afternoon. 

We'll eventually replace the Honda too, but we can take a little more time with that purchase since the Honda is still "running."  (It has its own quirks.)  Last Friday, our usual mechanic deemed the Taurus beyond repair without spending more than it's worth.  We knew that day was coming---but when we bought it six years ago, it was just what we needed in a pinch when my LeBaron died.  The Taurus was literally the kind of car that had been hardly ever driven by a little old lady.  It had only about 30,000 miles on it after 14 years!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Liz 

artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »

I've got an appointment set up for next Tuesday morning.  I'll have to take the boys along with me and get them set up with something to do in the waiting room.  Maybe if they do a good job I can pick up something special for lunch on the way home from the appointment.  I feel fortunate to be getting in so soon....apparently there was a cancellation and this spot had just opened up.

Liz
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »

Liz,

thanks for the update.

I am so glad you were able to get in earlier rather than later.  It helps cut down on the amount of time we can work on not worrying!!!

Hang in there with the holidays.

My group is hanging in there.  Bumps, but no free falls off a cliff.

blessings

p.s.  we drive aging cars also.  My husbands 1986 suburban is having the audacity to act up again!!!!

mary anne radmacher
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 05:47:47 AM »

One appointment down...one to go.  Yesterday morning's appointment was with a gynecologist.  Nothing definitive decided yet as she wants to access and review the records from a previous surgery, but she seemed pretty certain in her recommendation that the cyst on my right ovary should be removed.  There's at least a 98% chance that it's benign, but she can't be completely certain what it is until she can examine it under a microscope. 

I asked about my prior diagnosis of endometriosis and its relevance to the intermittent pain that I experience in my lower back, right hip, and down my right leg.  There seems to be a good chance that the pain is endometriosis-related...but there's no way to see the extent or location of the endometriosis without doing surgery.  The surgery I had five years ago was rather extensive to remove endometriosis as well as fibroid tumors...and I could take that route again to clean everything up as much as possible....but there's a high risk of more scar tissue developing and a high likelihood of everything building up again in a matter of time.  (With my last surgery, the pain came back as soon as I stopped the hormone treatment...not very encouraging.) 

The doctor proposed an option of a hysterectomy...and I'm considering the pros and cons.  My greatest concerns are that there's a long recuperation period from such a major surgery and that could stir up a lot of issues with ds10.  The advantage of doing it sooner than later would be that at least ds would be in school most of the time.  I had my last surgery during the summer, and it was very challenging to allow myself opportunities to "rest" with both boys home with me all day.  I'd also prefer to do it sooner than later because I love to garden and want to be able to get back to work in the spring months...which come early here in the South. 

I see the doctor again on January 19th.  By then I should also have results from the breast biopsy.  As I said, in the mean time, this new doctor is going to review the records of my previous surgery and the three recent ultrasound reports....hoping to come up with the best possible treatment plan. 

Back at home, ds10 has been "stuck" in quite a deep dark hole for the duration of vacation.  It's driving me crazy to keep him close and keep his world as small and safe as possible...but I don't think there's much he can handle at this time.  He's completely shutting me out, and yet he seems so fearful of the possibility that I might send him to his room to play...or somehow be away from me.  He caught wind of the idea that I might be needing surgery, and that's freaking him out.  I'd like to believe that he's worried about ME and wants to help out, but by best guess is that he recognizes that if I am incapacitated, it impacts how well I can take care of him.  He has no trust whatsoever that we can manage something like this if we need to...that we can enlist help from other people, and we can all be OK. 

I've been enjoying having bio son (12) home for Christmas break...he's teaching me how to play chess.  Staying focused on the positives!

Thanks again for the continued prayers and support.

Liz
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 11:16:48 AM »

Liz,

thanks for the update.

I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there with everything going on.  It's so hard.

blessings

mary anne radmacher
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »

Praying here too Liz!   Hope the rest of Christmas break passes safely and as peacefully as possible.   Also will pray for clear direction as to the surgery or not...take care okay?

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Liz))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just read your prayer requests.  Prayers from here for you and your family. 

anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 10:42:59 PM »

Continued prayers here.  Hope this next week goes well with the boys going back to school.

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »

Thanks for the update.  Keeps me praying for you!

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 05:59:07 PM »

Thank you all so much for the ongoing prayers and support.  The biopsy procedure this afternoon went smoothly.  I'm feeling fine...have not even used the ice pack or the Tylenol that they gave me afterward.  The doctor told me she would either have news for me by Wednesday afternoon when I go back for my wound check appointment...or perhaps sooner by phone if the results come back tomorrow. 

Liz
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 06:33:36 AM »

The doctor called me late yesterday afternoon with GREAT news!!!  No cancer...just a fibroadenoma which is apparently one of the most common types of breast tumors.  I'll have to go back in six months for a follow-up mammogram/ultrasound/biopsy procedure...but that's no problem at all.  I feel so relieved! 

Next gynecologist appointment is on Monday, January 19th to discuss surgery for the ovarian dermoid cyst and anything beyond to address recurring problematic symptoms of endometriosis.

At the very least, I am making progress getting through these appointments...and learning a lot in the process.

Liz
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: