Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 10:37:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."  George Orwell

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Kind of Peace Does Jesus Give?--Purpose Driven Life Devotional  (Read 6040 times)
artsymominsc
Oldtimer

Awards
« on: December 26, 2008, 05:57:07 AM »

What Kind of Peace Does Jesus Give?
by Rick Warren

Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men! Luke 2:14 (NKJV)

· Peace with God (spiritual) – “Now that we have been put right with God through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1 TEV).

· Peace of God (emotional) – “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7 NLT).

· Peace with each other (relational) – “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God” (Matthew 5:9 KJV).

“It makes no difference who you are or where you’re from – if you want God and are ready to do as he says, the door is open” (Acts 10:35 MSG).

A Prayer of Thanksgiving to God

God, I have so much joy right now, knowing that you decided to send Jesus to earth so I could be saved from a life of hopelessness and sin and be a peacemaker for you.  I recognize in this moment that you saved my life when you sent Jesus, and that because of Jesus I now can live a life of joy, purpose, peace, and love.  I hold onto that hope today.When I look at the world around me, I see so many people who are struggling with stressful, meaningless, chaotic lives without loving, caring relationships. That was my life before you saved me. To say I am grateful doesn’t begin to express what I am feeling.  I just know I have a sense of meaning and peace I have never had before and could never get on my own strength – and I am full of amazing happiness.

I feel like celebrating right now, knowing that I am now on your side, instead of being at war with you. I know that with you I will never again be lost and alone.  I am a new person today, and I recognize what I have just been given.  I pray that, as I continue to grow spiritually every day, I will come to understand everything you have just accomplished in my life.  By faith, I know I can trust you to be in my life today – and every day.  I know I can count on you when things get tough, and knowing I will spend eternity in your presence gives me such hope!

Thank you, Jesus, for the peace you have given me.  I pray you will use me as an instrument of that peace so I can help my family, friends, and the world in which I live.  I feel so different right now, knowing that you and I are now OK, knowing I am on the road to a deeper understanding of what it means to live for an audience of one.  I ask you to help me pray when I become upset so that I will have your peace in any situation I face – good or bad.  Help me to get ready to help other people as others have already helped me.  I want to make a difference in this world, and I want to help everyone I meet have the same hope I now have.  I can’t do this alone, so I ask you to make me a peacemaker.

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for saving me.  And thank you for giving me a peace I have never known before.  May everything I do, from this day on, reflect these same qualities as I tell others what you just did for me.  I am full of anticipation at the kind of life I can now live.

© 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: