Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 26, 2024, 06:51:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the NEW forum for Trauma Headquarters and ADSG!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I bow my head in church  (Read 21747 times)
ineedhelp

Mood:

Awards
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »

My six year old son, who has normal problems, asked me why some people raise their hands in church. But you bow your head and when hands go higher you bow lower. I told him that was how I showed my respect for God. I have been thinking long and hard since he asked. So I went back to give him a better answer.

In Rome during the time of Jesus when the army returned victorious from battle they would celebrate. The people would come out and cheer. The soldiers and people would raise their hands to celebrate the victory. That is why I believe it is just fine to raise your hands and celebrate in church. But if you came before the king or when the king came on the battle field after a battle the soldiers removed their helmets, got down on their knees and bowed. The king could walk by each of them and they could not move. If the king stopped and drew his sword he was about to deliver a judgment. If the soldier failed the king he would cut his head off where he was. But if he had brought glory then with the same sword he could knight him. So I am a soldier and I bow in the presence of the King of all kings while I deserve death I am promised knighthood. So I just hope that I have brought glory to my King and I will bow and wait for the Kings decision.

I look at my daily struggles and hope that I can bring glory to God with my actions. When I start to ask why me? I just think, if I met the President, or an earthly king would I ask such questions? Would I ask why my life was not better or why every burden was not removed? Don't people take on extra burdens to glorify earthly kings? I worked for free in a politician's office. So who am I to question the wisdom the the Great God Almighty? Who am I to not want the burden given to me? I should carry it just like Jesus carried the cross, the best I can and without any complaining. When the world spits on me they spit on Jesus first. When it seems the world is against me they were against Jesus first.

So I thank God that I have my son. I thank God that He gave me the strength and wisdom to deal with him. I thank God for my wife that stands beside me. Because without God my son would not stand a chance. I just hope that I bring glory. But I will bow and hope that no matter what the King does not just walk by.
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:00:42 PM »

Thanks.  That was beautiful and moving to read.   love9

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »

You have a wise heart.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Malina
Global Moderator
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »

This was really wonderful to read.  Thank you!

mom to two adopted children
DD21, attachment "issues"
DD15, sweetpea with multiple disabilities
mcguillicudy
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Just keep swimming.......

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 08:46:39 AM »

Gosh, well said......very moving......

Mom to 2 bio kids- DS= 10, DD= 7
used to have a RAD DD- 15 (she broke placement in Feb 10- family still recovering.....getting better every day!)
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 01:54:36 PM »

Beautiful!   love4

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »

Love it.   love7

"Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through HIS Hands."

dn15 adopted (husband's bio great niece)
2 bio sons - angels in disguise
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »

Thank you for blessing me with that today!
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Carlie1975
King/Queen

Mood:

Hebrews 11:1

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 08:28:37 AM »

That is beautiful and moving.  Thank you so much for sharing with us. 

DS5 (C) ~ miracle baby bio son born Nov '13, neurotypical
DS13  (D) ~ domestic adoption May '12, SID, Asperger's
DS14 (M) ~ relative adoption Nov '12, ADHD, RAD-lite, FAE
DD15 (C) ~ relative adoption Nov '12, ADHD, RAD-lite, FAE
DD17 (A) ~ international adoption Oct. '05, drug abuse, RAD
7moreyears
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

The Invisible Woman

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 11:59:49 AM »

Wonderful! I had it made up in my mind to just quit going to church since most of my bowing is to look over and see what is in that shoe my RADish is obsessing over.
But yeah. I need to be there and not feel angry with God. I wasn't looking at it as being angry, just as feeling hopeless, but looking at it from the perspective you posted and thinking about it, I guess I am because I didn't get answers to my question of "why?" so I made up my own. And since I'm not God that's a really dumb thing to do.

The government just stabbed me in the back!
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:21 PM »

because I didn't get answers to my question of "why?" so I made up my own. And since I'm not God that's a really dumb thing to do.

Good one 10moreyears.  Done some of that myself.  Hope God understands the anger.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 09:01:03 AM »

Hope God understands the anger.

If He doesn't, boy, am I in big trouble.  I think sometimes my anger has turned into bitterness.  Hurtful attitudes, words, actions have turned me to a woman that I sometimes cannot stand.  There was an old song Loretta Lynn used to sing titled Wings Upon Your Horns.  I think that is what dn has done to me, or perhaps I allowed her to do it to me with my own rsponse to her behaviors. 

"Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through HIS Hands."

dn15 adopted (husband's bio great niece)
2 bio sons - angels in disguise
ineedhelp

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »

because I didn't get answers to my question of "why?" so I made up my own. And since I'm not God that's a really dumb thing to do.

Good one 10moreyears.  Done some of that myself.  Hope God understands the anger.
John 11:11 After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.” 12 His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” 13 Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep. 14 So then he told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead, 15 and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.”

Jesus knew the problem before being told.

John 11:20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home. 21 “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.” 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” 27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Martha was mad at Jesus. But she showed respect. Jesus listened to Martha.

John 11:28 After she had said this, she went back and called her sister Mary aside. “The Teacher is here,” she said, “and is asking for you.” 29 When Mary heard this, she got up quickly and went to him. 30 Now Jesus had not yet entered the village, but was still at the place where Martha had met him. 31 When the Jews who had been with Mary in the house, comforting her, noticed how quickly she got up and went out, they followed her, supposing she was going to the tomb to mourn there.

32 When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”

33 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.

First Mary admitted that Jesus could have stopped the death. Then she wept that is when Jesus wept also.

John 11:43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”

So I know that if I love Jesus He will listen when I am angry. I should proclaim the power of Jesus. But when I fall weeping Jesus weeps with me. When I finally get out of the way as instructed Jesus will do the miracle because Jesus does not need my help I need the help of Jesus.
ineedhelp

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »

I do get angry. I do cry. I do ask why me, why my child? But then I think if the Queen of England asked me to clean the oil spill I would do it with honor and pride. So the King of Lings has asked to deal with this mess. I struggle daily to do it with honor and pride. I fall so far short. But I know Jesus is with me when I am angry. I know that Jesus cries with me, but not because of my troubles but because Jesus can feel my pain. But I will keep bowing my head and humbly wait for the rest of my life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: