Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 27, 2024, 04:07:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Galatians 6:9

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my son - he has an undiagnosed illness  (Read 61868 times)
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »

For the last 2+ weeks my son has been very ill with an undiagnosed illness.  Started with a stomach ache, then swollen face, then a sore throat, then severe vomiting, then severe abdominal, joint pain and broken capillaries all over his legs and arms.  He has been in and out of the hospital.  Just got back out last night and is taking a nosedive again right before my eyes and there is nothing I can do.  I'm sure we'll back in the ER before tonight is over.  We live in the triangle right near Duke and UNC-CH, have already spent thousands, and there's nothing they have been able to do for him other than treat symptoms (dehydration, nausea, etc.).  He's been tested for pretty much everything (lupus, lyme disease, AIDS, lymphoma, leukemia, syphillis, hep A/B/C, appendicitis, gall bladder disease, strep, mono, meningitis, ulcers, Crohn's, colitis, rocky mountain spotted fever, and lots of other things....) All known illnesses have been ruled out, and he just keeps getting worse.  The "official" diagnosis is an unknown virus is causing an autoimmune disorder.  He has now lost his job, and because he turns 26 May 1st, his insurance will run out in less than 8 weeks.  He's scared he's going to die or be permanently disabled, and I'm pretty worried for him as well.  I'm watching the UNCTV fundraiser/25th anniversary special of Les Mis.  Valjean is singing "Bring Him Home," and the words describe exactly how I feel....
Malina
Global Moderator
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:43:14 PM »

Oh Clbmom!  I am sorry!  This is terribly frightening!  He is definately in my prayers. In fact, I am going to my room right now and pray for him.  Please keep us updated.

mom to two adopted children
DD21, attachment "issues"
DD15, sweetpea with multiple disabilities
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:17:43 PM »

Absolutely will pray.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »

Praying here also.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 07:37:26 AM »

How scary!  Praying for a true diagnosis...and healing!   coffee2

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:14:06 AM »

Praying for you and your ds. 

"Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through HIS Hands."

dn15 adopted (husband's bio great niece)
2 bio sons - angels in disguise
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

I tried to tell you when I first read this that I was praying!  But my computer kept freezing and wouldn't let me post!

I can only imagine the fear and difficulty you face with this.  Please keep us informed!

angel10 angel10 angel10

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
Jeannie
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:13 PM »

Oh, clbmom.... so frightening.  I am praying for your son (and you). 

Bio-daughters 30 & 28, bio-son now in heaven, dear son 14 (healing from alphabet soup disorder)
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:33 PM »

((((((((((((((((((((clbmom )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Please update when you can.  I am so concerned for you and your son.  Still praying.   coffee2   coffee2

anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »

Prayers from here, Clbmom.  How are things going?
 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 07:44:32 PM »

Thanks for all your support!  It means a lot to know so many are thinking of him.

After yet another hospital admission (and more ins. co. denials of coverage), DS is again back home.  He has to go back to UNC for a follow-up tomorrow on an outpatient basis.  Still no explanation, and I'm concerned b/c he's still running a fever and needing nausea suppositories and pain meds, but at least he is eating/drinking a little and is @ home.  I pray he continues to improve.   DH, DD5 and I are supposed to fly to Orlando tomorrow a.m. for 5 days @ Disney.  I haven't packed or done a single thing to get ready for this trip we planned long ago, have already paid for, and can't reschedule.  DH wants us to try to go anyway... so I guess it's going to be a long night.

SD1 and SD2 have been home with us the last week due to their Spring Break in college.  Here's the difference between RADkids and nonRADkids.  AD20 would have used my son's illness as an opportunity to get away with murder (okay, not literally murder, but theft, sex in our home, sneaking out with guys, and other stuff she wasn't allowed to do).  We have certainly had our issues with SD1&2 over the years (including SD2 facilitating contact with AD20 over the Christmas break as I posted), but when we need them, they can and do rise to the occasion.  They've been great all week - picking DD5 up and entertaining her so I didn't have to worry about that.  We went to pay them for babysitting, and they declined, saying what a privilege it was and how much they enjoyed their week with us despite DS's health crisis. 

I stayed up late talking with the two of them several nights, and took all three girls (SD1(21), SD2(19) and DD(5) out for pedicures today).  So enjoyable.  We all just said sad good-byes as they headed back to college after dinner.

In the meantime, AD20 has been attempting to Skype DS, asking what's wrong with him and whether she's going to lose her brother.... (It's always about her.)  My heart is so closed towards her these things aren't even bothering me that much any more; I mostly feel indifferent.
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 09:27:42 PM »

Thanks for the update.  Will keep praying for ds.  Hope they figure this out soon!

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »

Thank you for the update, clbmom.  Glad to hear he is able to keep something down, even if it is only a little.  I will continue to pray.    coffee2

clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »

CT scans yesterday to re-check for lymphoma and abdominal tumors.   So stressful. 

Even tho I know this is ridiculous, I find myself bargaining with God that I'll do anything for DS to be okay... Even unweld my Bridge.  You all know how desperate I must be (and sleep deprived) to be thinking this way!

He's lost so much weight so fast, and continues to... I fear the dx is going to be worse than not knowing.
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »

((((((((((((((((((clbmom))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hang in there and keep looking up to the Master of the Wind.  Will continue to pray.   coffee2

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: