Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 27, 2024, 04:48:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my son - he has an undiagnosed illness  (Read 61869 times)
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »

So glad for the update.

I keep praying!

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
Jeannie
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »

((((((((((clbmom)))))))))))

Bio-daughters 30 & 28, bio-son now in heaven, dear son 14 (healing from alphabet soup disorder)
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 12:28:59 AM »

Thanks again, so much.  We're back home and went straight from the airport to see DS.  He looks a lot better to me than when we left and says he's feeling a little better too.  We finally found out this afternoon his CT scans were all normal (HURRAAYYY!!!!!!), but he is still not well (vasculitis worsening, but currently afflicting only his skin - no major organ involvement suspected???) and his weight loss in under 4 weeks is now nearing 25 lbs.  We're all trying to keep the faith - as we go broke with insurance co. denials piling up.

AD hasn't spoken with DS in months, but since she found out he's so ill, has apparently turned his illness into a huge drama in HER life as if they were kindred spirits (which has never been the case).  I'm told she is feigning all kinds of concern.  If I wasn't so focused on DS, it would disgust me AD is ENJOYING his continued illness as a means to get attention.
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 12:53:15 AM »

clbmom,

You probably have all ready done this, but if you haven't, please ask for a SW consult with the hospital for help with the bills.  There may be money available from other sources that you don't know of, and at the minimum they can set up a payment plan for you.

A while ago I got caught between two insurance companies not being willing to pay for treatment and ran up a huge bill.  I filled out paperwork, worked with the hospital, and then paid $25/month for a very long time.

Financial stress on top of everything else you have going on is not needed.

Thinking of you, and glad for the good scan.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 07:49:44 AM »

Thanks, Blessings!  I will definitely suggest DS ask for the SW consult.  He lost his job right when this all started and thought he had another lined up, but of course no one is going to hire him in the condition he's in now, and he quickly ran through his savings.  Because he's over 18, the bills are all his legal responsibility, but DH and I will likely wind up paying them and his outrageous COBRA premiums (isn't it ironic we're going to have to pay big bucks to the same company that isn't covering his treatment?!).  His docs are all pretty outraged re: the ins. co's no-pay position, so hopefully we'll (eventually) prevail on appeal....

momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »

I'm told she is feigning all kinds of concern.  If I wasn't so focused on DS, it would disgust me AD is ENJOYING his continued illness as a means to get attention.

BangHead BangHead BangHead

So very sorry.  You sure don't need this right now. 

"Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through HIS Hands."

dn15 adopted (husband's bio great niece)
2 bio sons - angels in disguise
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »

CLB - Sounds pretty overwhelming.  Continued prayers for ds and your family.  Please keep posting both for information and a reminder to pray.  Hoping for the best outcome on all of this.  As far as dd, we need a puking icon.  Hope you can continue to ignore her.  Easier said than done.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 05:08:17 PM »

ClbMom,
Glad you were able to get away, even though it was stressful.  Very glad to hear DS is doing better! Will keep your family in our prayers.
 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Kristtie
Oldtimer

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »

I am so sorry to hear this about your son.  I will be praying for all of you.  Please keep us updated.
Hugs to you
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »

Well... DS is in a full-blown relapse yet again.  Am afraid we'll be heading back to the ER shortly.  I'm exhausted and he's very depressed.

Again, I'm just grateful I don't have to worry about what AD20 is doing in my absence.
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »

I'm so sorry.  I'll keep praying.  Sad

Even though it is hard, try your best to smile.  It is so hard when someone you love is depressed...and so easy to follow.   Be careful....and take care of you!

Keep us posted.

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
MarvDeb4584
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 09:09:03 PM »

I'm praying your son gets better quickly and the doctors can figure out what is wrong with him.
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »

So sorry CLB.  Praying for you all.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Vivian
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 10:25:46 PM »

Still praying.  I can't imagine how worried you are.  I'd go nuts.
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 12:21:04 AM »

Thanks, all.  I'm up keeping vigil (as if that ever did anything other than make me cranky the next day!).

They think he has vasculitis (inflammation of the small blood vessels) affecting his GI tract, skin, joints and ear - but don't think it has affected his organs yet.  It's and immune response.  They believe it was triggered by a bout of viral pharyngitis and/or the Rx he was given for that sore throat.  His particular vasculitis doesn't fit any of the specific categories though.

He's on steroids and pain & nausea meds - which leave him terribly constipated and he may now have a bowel obstruction.... if not cleared soon, he may have to have surgery.  I just wish he could get some lasting relief.  He's been scared and now he's growing anxious and very weary.  Weight loss since 2/18 is over 20 lbs.  They say these ups and downs may continue for several weeks, but claim generally he is getting better overall.  I'm not convinced.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: