Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 28, 2024, 06:16:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?" George Elliot

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my son - he has an undiagnosed illness  (Read 61898 times)
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »

Continue to pray.  I wish I could be there with you for vigil.  You so much need a good night's sleep that is worry free.  Please try to nap during the day.  You cannot take care of your ds if you get sick too.   coffee2

"Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through HIS Hands."

dn15 adopted (husband's bio great niece)
2 bio sons - angels in disguise
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »

So this a.m. they finally determined DS has a bowel obstruction high in his abdomen (just as I've been suspecting for weeks now).  He has been drinking Go-Lytely all day, which normal gives people immediate diarrhea.  He's had nothing except more pain.  They want him to try to keep drinking this solution until tomorrow to try to avoid abdominal surgery, but things don't look good.... 

More drama for AD20 to play up for attention.
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »

This is really more than you need.  My heart goes out to you.  My father had a bowel obstruction years ago while I was caring for him.  IT WAS MISERABLE.  In his case he didn't need surgery, things worked their way out just before the scheduled surgery.  I pray for the same for your son.
Try to get some rest, as the constant worry is draining...and don't forget your vitamins!

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »

So sorry CB.   Its so hard to see our kids in pain.   I am glad they figured out what it is though.   Take care..of both of you!

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »

Thanks for the update CLB.  Will be praying this works its way out.  Glad they finally figured out the problem.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »

DS is still very ill.  Weight loss is up to 32 lbs in the last 6 weeks; He is 6'2 and didn't have 5 extra lbs. to lose before all this began.  Thought he was going to have his gall bladder taken out on an emergency basis earlier this week, had the nuclear scan, we didn't hear anything and thought he was okay - just got the call it has to come early next week.  I'm not so concerned about him losing his gallbladder as I am about what this disorder and all the meds are doing to the rest of his body if they have destroyed his gallbladder (its malfunction is a result of the other prolonged problems, not the probelm itself).  Monday they're doing some upper GI work and a liver biopsy, and I guess they'll do the gallbladder afterwards.  

We made *some* progress with the BCBSNC denials, but there are still a ton of unpaid charge$.  One doc said we should expect DS's recovery to take up to another 3-6 months.  His ins. coverage (more like semi-coverage!) expires 4/30. He can go on COBRA for up to the next 3 years for ~ $500/mo., which is going to be tough for us, but better than the average $1K a day his care has been costing. I went and negotiated with his apt. complex manager; if we can get him moved out this weekend, she will let him out of his lease May 31st (instead of next January 31st!), so at least that's something.  But it means we have to figure out a way to pack his apt./move him out this weekend... Sigh.

On top of it all... AD will be back from Brazil in <2 weeks.  Uggghhhh.  I hear she's telling others she's coming home to help DS.  What a crock.  She has to come home b/c her VISA expires.  She planned her return a couple months ago BEFORE DS got sick.  And DS has no interest in speaking to her....

I'm succumbing to the stress.  Very snappy b/c of back pain & sleep deprivation & worry.  Yesterday I was diagnosed with 2 more herniated discs, so now I'm on the same steroids and narcotics as DS. Not sure how he and I are going to pack/move him - just praying the folks who've offered to help us really meant it!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:31:42 AM by clbmom » Logged
bijou
King/Queen

Mood:

mama bear

Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 09:44:49 PM »

Hugs, clbmom.  I have been wondering how things were going and am glad you posted.  I hope you both get to
feeling better soon.

My life is blessed by all of you.

mom to several
dd with RAD/some form of adult PD (BPD,NPD,ASPD?)-30's
Malina
Global Moderator
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 10:06:22 PM »

Yikes, you have more than your share right now for sure!  DD13 and I are praying for your DS.  It is so scary when the docs can't figure out what is going on.  I hope you get some answers soon!

Will also be praying about this move.  I am glad she is letting him out of his lease.  At least that is something, and I hope along with you that you will have some good helpers with the move.

Things sound really hard right now.  I hope they get better soon!

mom to two adopted children
DD21, attachment "issues"
DD15, sweetpea with multiple disabilities
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 11:33:06 PM »

I am so sorry.

I keep praying.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 03:43:48 AM »

Thanks for your care & concern!

One "upside" of all this is that it has sure taken the focus off our situation with AD20

Even those who had been really critical of our "letting" AD20 leave our family and not begging her to come back seem to feel bad about continuing to bash us in the middle of this pretty heavy crisis and have been pretty nice (at least to our faces).

I'm sure the bashing will resume if/when DS gets better... but the break has been nice!

MaKettle
Spam Watcher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »

Could you ask your church for volunteers to help you pack & move?

Lord,
Fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff & shut it when I've said enough.  Amen

3 bio sons & Rad DD
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »

((((((((((CLB)))))))))))))

I see by the time stamp on your post that sleep isn't happening for you.  Can't imagine how stressful this must be.  Will keep praying.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »

This all sounds so overwhelming.  I hope a TEAM of people show up to help with this move.   I can't imagine your stress right now, especially w AD on her way back.   Undecided
Hugs and prayers to you!!

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »

Thanks again!!!  No, not much sleep around here (read: crabby mommy).

One of my own personal challenges is asking for others help and letting them do it.  I tend to let myself get very overwhelmed over a prolonged period and then can't bear the thought of having to manage one more thing - including any help.

DS thinks he can manage making a few calls today, and since he has a ton of young, strapping male friends, and lots of cute girls falling all over him, I have suggested he ask the girls to pack boxes and the guys to move them.  I can let them in and lock up after; if he can't handle this, I will call up church members, but most of my friends are my age (mid-40's and have the same lifting issues, etc. as do I).  

I did just get a piece of GREAT news via SD2:  Amazing BF was not accepted to any of the US Ph.D. programs to which he had applied (Columbia & a couple others) to begin late this spring/early this summer.  Apparently, although he's admittedly very smart/talented, he's not the "be all, end all" he believes others feel he is and took the rejection pretty hard.  So he is applying elsewhere for the fall... and COINCIDENTALLY AD20 has suddenly decided she doesn't need to come back to care for DS after all and will stay with BF in Brazil through June.  Yippeeeee!!!!  (Separate continents are working out okay for us!)
bijou
King/Queen

Mood:

mama bear

Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »

That sounds great!  And you get a longer break to take care of ds and yourself.  One huge stressor out of the way, for the time
being.

My life is blessed by all of you.

mom to several
dd with RAD/some form of adult PD (BPD,NPD,ASPD?)-30's
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: