Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 07:20:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone want to start a bible study?  (Read 9379 times)
adsglinda
Administrator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Love is Patient, Love is Kind... 1 Cor 13

WWW Awards
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

Anyone want to start a bible study here??  Volunteers needed!!
artsymominnc
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:53:01 PM »

I would like to propose beginning with reading/reflecting upon "The Beatitudes," Matthew 5:1-12. 

Anyone else want to give it a shot? 

Liz
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 04:15:29 AM by artsymominnc » Logged
artsymominnc
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:15:13 AM »

Matthew 5: 1-12

When he saw the crowds, he went up the mountain, and after he had sat down, his disciples came to him.  He began to teach them, saying:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.  Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
artsymominnc
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:39:12 AM »

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

As dysregulated as my 9-year-old son has been for quite some time...this is the passage I need to adapt as my mantra to help keep me on the right track. 

As hard as it may be for ME to cope with his challenges, I need to keep reminding myself how much harder it is for HIM to cope. 

I remember reading a story years and years ago (so the details are sketchy for me), but it had something to do with the people of a village being told that among their children, one of them was the Christ child, and as a result, all the children were treated with the utmost love and care because no one knew exactly who it was.  As a Catholic, I believe that we are all called to BE Christ for one another in the way that we love and forgive one another....and I recognize that it's often the hardest to love those with whom we spend the most time.     

I see the challenge before me to strive to love both my children and my husband as God has loved me...and as God loves them...with love and mercy.  They're going to make mistakes.  So am I.  But I believe in the healing power of forgiveness, and as I start my day this morning, I am going to make a conscious effort to be more merciful--to show compassion to someone in distress.

Liz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: