Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 11:44:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accidents happen, sometimes they make us think  (Read 11257 times)
Don M
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« on: March 14, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »

Our dd21 gave my wife a calendar with bible quotations on each day in 2009.  This is one of those little things where we are sure she was only a little aware of why that might be a good idea.  However when March 10 came up, it had the following and we started wondering if we should actually believe it.

For our light and momentary troubles
are achieving for us an eternal glory
that far outweighs them all.
-- 1 Corinthians 4:17

This month we're living more into the Kevin's Kitchen description of the RADland Tormentment Park than seeing a vision of the Kingdom of Heaven.
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »

This is one of the things that I know in my head, but a lot of times have trouble feeling it in my heart.  It seems the troubles are not light, and will never end, and serve no good purpose.  So then I have to rely on my head knowledge, and not my feelings.

I know God is right here beside me, guiding me when I take the time to look and follow.  But sometimes, when the troubles are the greatest, it's the hardest time to see Him.  It's at those times that I MUST rely on my head knowledge, knowing that God will not leave me.  I dare not rely on feelings, they can be so fickle and fleeting.

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Don M
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:01:42 PM »

You are very right Karleen;
   I get onto the RADdercoaster and bounced from side to side, upside down and things get too confused to see what God has put there for me.

Sometimes the whole tension of a day will go off by HIS lifting the burden, just by making a cloud at sunset so stunningly beutiful that I cannot do anything but stop and say thank you.

love4
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »

"Light and momentary troubles..."   Let's hope God has the sense of humor I think He must have.   Glad you noticed the sunset.   In my worst Rad days, my sunset was knowing that God had patience and grace for me while I muddled thru my momentary afflictions, sniffling and whining, hand-made crown on ass-backwards...and wondering just who God mistook me for...someone far more capable must have switched names with me....

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: