Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 27, 2024, 08:32:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scared children do scary things!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for DH, please  (Read 35447 times)
Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »

I got up at 4:30 am, as usual to get myself ready for work, after going to bed at 11:00 last night.  I find that if I don't get myself completely ready for work at that hour, I don't have time to bath and dress DH for the day, or get the kids ready for school on time.  We are not on a bus route here, so I have to take them to school by 7 am then head right to work from there.

After I finally got to bed last night, my GD calls me to ask to speak to her sis (DD16).  WTH is she thinking calling at that hour?Huh??  I hung up on her.  Afterward, I thought, not ONCE did she even ask about her GF, my DH and how he's doing!!!!!!!!!!!! angryfire angryfire  She can kiss my &&%^%%#!

Then this morning, DH calls me at work.  His other daughter (36 yrs.) finally calls to ask how he's doing.  Seems she just decided to check her voicemail from last week!!!!!!!! BangHead BangHead  Probably had her phone disc. again since she doesn't seem to pay her bills frequently!

Now here's the kicker...... DD36 LIVES RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yet not once could she check in or ask about us since I put a new motor in her car 2 months ago.............. angry4 angry4 angry4 angry4

DH ticked me off by asking why I didn't have all our vacation funds set aside; said he was disappointed in me for not planning ahead of his injury.  Is he kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I told him.....it's because HE GAVE ALMOST ALL OUR FUNDS AND SAVINGS TO DD36 TO PAY HER RENT, MOTOR IN CAR, AND KEEP HER ELECTRIC ON...........  WHAT PART OF NO MEANS NO DOESN'T HER GET!!!!!!!!!!!!! BangHead angryfire BangHead angryfire BangHead

1= AGD 22,ODD&RAD&BPD&CUTTER&FAE, SUICIDAL,DRUG ABUSER & DRUNK.
1= AGD24, DEPRESSION, DIGESTIVE STRESS Dx, EX-SWP ASTRANGED. BIO SIS TO AGD22.
1 AD40 METH ABUSER
1 AD42 DRUNK, METH/ DOM. VIOL. BIO MOM OF DGD22 AND DGD24.
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
8 OTHER GRNDS/6 GRT GRNDS (UNKNOWN)
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »

HE GAVE ALMOST ALL OUR FUNDS AND SAVINGS TO DD36 TO PAY HER RENT, MOTOR IN CAR, AND KEEP HER ELECTRIC ON..

Uh oh.  rescue dad strikes out.   BangHead   No advice, not easy when spouses aren't on the same page.  Getting there is not easy.  So sorry.  I would be livid as well.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:46:57 PM by Truebluemom » Logged

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 03:04:35 PM »

I think what bothers me most, is that when the kids (now 39 and 36) were little, before we got custody, he would insist that their bio mother was "buying their love" by giving them expensive gifts for no reason; anything they wanted.  Then when the kids figured out that they had all these toys, but no love or attention, they asked to switch custody,,,and thus child support fell on the mothers' wallet, not his.

She lost custody to us, and started having to pay child suport to us, and stopped buying the kids anything, even Xmas or Birthday gifts.  Anytime they would call her for something, she would say, see your father about it, he gets all my money now.

He doesn't see this........they are using him.  And HE is now doing exactly what their mother used to do.  "Buy their love" with money, rent paid, cars etc.  If he does see it, he won't stop it.  I still think he fears they will never talk to him again if he doesn't continue to give them everything they want.  Switch back to dear ole mother.........and ignore him.

BTW - She has yet to say "thank you" to either of us for the new motor to keep her car going so she could get to work.

Boy, I am TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Undecided

1 AD40 METH ABUSER
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
MaKettle
Spam Watcher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »

Where's the big steaming pile of manure emoticon??  This really stinks.  I admire you for sticking in there.

Lord,
Fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff & shut it when I've said enough.  Amen

3 bio sons & Rad DD
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »

Oh Cher,

I am so sorry.  That has to be so hard.

DH ticked me off by asking why I didn't have all our vacation funds set aside; said he was disappointed in me for not planning ahead of his injury.  Is he kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I told him.....it's because HE GAVE ALMOST ALL OUR FUNDS AND SAVINGS TO DD36 TO PAY HER RENT, MOTOR IN CAR, AND KEEP HER ELECTRIC ON...........

Oh my word!  Is DH looking forward to his night on the deck, slathered in honey, in nothing but his boxers and a light sleeping bag, and ant attractant sprinkled around him?

Hang in there!

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
momof3
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:16 AM »

So very, very sorry.  You don't need this on top of everything else.  Hope you have a better day today.   coffee2 

"Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through HIS Hands."

dn15 adopted (husband's bio great niece)
2 bio sons - angels in disguise
Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »

Well, DH woke up and as I had him in his shower, he lifted his arm without realizing it to hold on to the wall as I soaped his back.  I told him to look at what he had just done.

Thank God!  It is starting to heal.  But the doctor said it would still take at least 2 months for the ligaments to reattach.  So I am going to start him on some light therapy that the doctor approved of to build strength.

Still only 12 days until our vacation, so I doubt he'll be ready to ride by then, as much as he wants to.  We have to cover 520 miles of poker run, and 1200 miles of travel, on a harley motorcycle.  He wants to to it, but I am very skeptical of climbing on a motorcycle with him given the nature of the injuries.  If I do, it will be in FULL ARMOR!!!  Can you say "leather up"?

1 AD40 METH ABUSER
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »

Cher - Glad to hear the good report on dhs arm.  I can appreciate your feelings about riding with someone so fragile.  I cringe inside whenever you talk about him wanting to ride so soon.  Dealing with dhs can be more challenging than kids sometimes.  You can't pull out the parent card.   Good luck with your "patient".   coffee2

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »

I asked to do the driving and have him on the back.  He refused.  It's a HUGE run of 20,000 motorcycles, mostly hard core Harley riders.  He doesn't want to appear to be a "pansy" in front of them.

Gosh!  This is a full charity ride.  All the money goes to Breast Cancer Res. and St. Lukes Childrens hosptial.  Why should he care what those bikers think?  it's not about him; it's about the charity.

1 AD40 METH ABUSER
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
MaKettle
Spam Watcher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »

Put his arm in a sling.  No one will expect him to drive if he can't accelerate & shift.

Lord,
Fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff & shut it when I've said enough.  Amen

3 bio sons & Rad DD
Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »

The ER put him in a sling.  He hasn't warn it since 2 days after I got him back from Ft. Hood, where it happened.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH, like the RAD isn't enough.   

1 AD40 METH ABUSER
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: