Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 18, 2024, 07:31:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."  George Orwell

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Court date today....  (Read 7394 times)
shakespeares-radish

Mood:

Awards
« on: July 06, 2011, 07:18:32 AM »

So we didn't do this the "normal" way....we went thru an adoption agency expecting an infant when bm called up our agency and decided to place her little 3yo girl for adoption and selected us to parent her.  We were told that bf was a deadbeat dad, had never played any role in her life and never paid child support.  Today was supposed to be the interlocutory hearing to terminate his rights (he wasn't even going to be present). But everything's changed in the five months since placement.  Turns out he hasn't paid any child support but he HAS played some role in her life....and bm (borderline personality disorder, we think) was manipulating the situation to hurt him and didn't care if dd3 got caught in the crossfire.  He is now contesting the adoption.....but he is NOT in a position to parent her.

So instead of an interlocutory, today our lawyer and bf are meeting with the judge and they will decide whether he has the right to contest----I don't understand any of this, but today is important and I am terrified that after 5 months of hard work on attachment, our dd3 is going to be ripped out of our home, or subjected to years of uncertainty along with painful custody battles.  All of this will be determined this morning. If you could pray for us, for bf, for our lawyer, and especially our little dd3, we'd really appreciate it.

"The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time." -Abraham Lincoln

"To be or not to be--that is the question." -Hamlet

No bios.  1 adopted dd 5 (came to us at 3 1/2 in a domestic open adoption--not quite so open after we learned the truth)
mominashoe
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:52:13 AM »

What a hard day Sad  Praying for all of you!

Tracee
Mom of 4
DS12 (bio son)
DD4, RAD, Gotcha at 18 months, adopted at 2
DD3, Sweetheart, Gotcha at 2 days old, adopted at 16 months
Jellybean on the way
MissB
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13:10 PM »

My husband was once in the situation of the biofather. I pray that the right decision is made to give this child the best life possible to make her happy and heal.

Mother to SD14, but prefer to call her DD; who is healing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: