Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 20, 2024, 12:25:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a friend  (Read 11527 times)
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »

Even though my friend Kris isn't a Trauma Mama, and her son Connor14 isn't a RAD, they really need your prayers!

Last week Connor suffered a Massive AVM requiring emergency brain surgery.  He's now had a second surgery and is waiting for the third (an angiographic procedure).  He currently has a tube placed for drainage in his brain...it seems to be working, and he's stable...but not out of the woods yet.  I figure asking everyone I know for prayers can't do anything but help.

Connor's amazing and so brave!  His brother is being quietly stoic, but I'm sure can use some prayers of strength as well.

Thanks!

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
MissB
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »

Praying for Connor and his family.

Mother to SD14, but prefer to call her DD; who is healing!
Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »

I will keep Connor and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

1= AGD 22,ODD&RAD&BPD&CUTTER&FAE, SUICIDAL,DRUG ABUSER & DRUNK.
1= AGD24, DEPRESSION, DIGESTIVE STRESS Dx, EX-SWP ASTRANGED. BIO SIS TO AGD22.
1 AD40 METH ABUSER
1 AD42 DRUNK, METH/ DOM. VIOL. BIO MOM OF DGD22 AND DGD24.
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
8 OTHER GRNDS/6 GRT GRNDS (UNKNOWN)
Jazwyn
Well Known

Mood:

Survival of RAD is spelled "T-R-U-S-T G-O-D"

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »

neitlingme, may I lift up Connor and his family in prayer?

"Heavenly Father, You are the Great Physician and can make Connor whole again.  Lord, I pray Your will is for Connor to make a full recovery.  May he feel Your love in his heart and may he understand the grace and mercy that You freely gave him.  Father, I also pray that Connor has asked Jesus to be his personal Lord and Savior.  May Connor's healing be a testimony for all to see of Your amazing works and may he boldly be a light for You.  I also lift up his brother who is struggling as he watches his brother go through all of these emergency surgeries.  Help this brother to see Your hand upon Connor and may that give him strength and courage to face the days and months to come.  Lord, for Connor's Mother and Father, I pray that You will hold them closely in Your arms surrounding them in love, hope, encouragement and strength.  We leave Connor in Your hands, Heavenly Father, as we pray for his complete healing.  Thank you, Abba Father."

neitlingme, please keep us posted on how Connor does, OK?   

DS26: AD/FAS/ADD - physically abused toddler who came to my husband and I at three as a foster child and we adopted him at five.  He is our only child.
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:51:25 AM »

Thank you so much, Jazwyn!

Connor is doing wonderfully.  He is out of the hospital as of last Tuesday and slowly adapting to home and school part time.  The worst of it is over, although he'll be in and out of therapists and doctors for only He knows how long.  My friend (Connor's mom) Kris is finally able to breath (albeit lightly) again.  She's still terrified of something happening, but it's slowly subsiding.  She's been riding on adrenline so long that she's terribly fatigued.  She needs a break before going back to work.  Connor's brother, Justin is relaxing some too, and painted an incredible mural at the hospital in the children's ward to honor his brother.

So, although Connor definitly still needs prayers and the help of our Lord, he is out of the woods...and one very lucky boy.  More often than not, if this same situation happens to an adult, the outcome is not nearly as positive!  Fatality from this problem is quite high...but looks like Connor beat it!!!  Cheesy

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
Jazwyn
Well Known

Mood:

Survival of RAD is spelled "T-R-U-S-T G-O-D"

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:14:09 PM »

PRAISE GOD, neitlingme!!!!!!!!!!!  I pray that Connor will be an incredible testimony for our precious Lord.  And, Justin.........how cool is that for him to be painting a mural in his brother's honor???  It never ceases to amaze me at how God works all things for His good.  I know you'll be there to love and support Kris as she recovers from all that's been going on.  Prayers are powerful so we definitely need to keep them going!

((Hugs))

DS26: AD/FAS/ADD - physically abused toddler who came to my husband and I at three as a foster child and we adopted him at five.  He is our only child.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: