Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 01:44:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The important thing to remember is that if you don't have that inspired enthusiasm that is contagious........ whatever you do have is also contagious."  Danny Cox

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of Arguing With Your Kids?  (Read 5664 times)
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« on: October 24, 2007, 05:01:15 PM »

Title:  Tired of Arguing With Your Kids?  Wisdom From Parents Who Have Been There
Author: Dolores Curran
# ISBN-10: 1893732061
# ISBN-13: 978-1893732063

This is a fantastic book that I picked up years ago.  It is written for 'average' parents, by a parent who is wonderfully calming (like calling Grandma who has an answer for everything and is never too busy), but surprisingly, much of the advice is similar to the 'pizzaz' idea of Nancy Thomas and the 5 points of Daniel Hughes!  It includes such chapter titles as:  Detach,Detach,Detach; A Rule Without a Consequence is No Rule At All; The Whys and the Whines; Springing the Anger Trap; Diffusing With Humour (My FAOURITE CHAPTER!!!); A Kinder, Gentler Home; Tell Them We Love Them; and.... my ALL TIME FAVOURITE... THE APPENDIX entitled... "Handy Responses to Kids' Argument Starters"!!!   This appendix is designed with people like me in mind... those that think of the right thing to say 3 days later and never on que!  It has all types of great responses grouped under the argument starter headings.  It's available at most bookstores and through Amazon.  It's about $13.00-$15.00 roughly and the best investment I've made in a long time. 

Enjoy!
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: