Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 19, 2024, 10:00:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scared children do scary things!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My own personal miracle....  (Read 13435 times)
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »

I wrote this up for FB and wanted to share it with all of you who aren't there too.  Smiley

facebook.com/#/notes/mary-palmer-neitling/personal-miracle/400049213344053]https://www.facebook.com/#/notes/mary-palmer-neitling/personal-miracle/400049213344053[/url]

I killed the link, and cut and pasted below.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:44:56 AM by neitlingme » Logged

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
MissB
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

I had to log into farcebook to read it, so the others might not be able to.

I'm glad you got your sign and I'm glad you were able to see it when it happened.

Mother to SD14, but prefer to call her DD; who is healing!
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:43:33 AM »

Thanks Miss B.  I think I'll cut and paste it then.  Smiley

Personal miracle!!.

I just had a very stressful, emotional situation tied up with a neat little bow!!

I've had a rough week or so.  I felt a situation with one of my children being stretched beyond my capabilities to help/handle.  I felt it growing, and in anticipation of the eruption made an appointment to talk with my priest.  It kept growing.  It was looming.  I was terrified.  The appointment was set up for this morning....not soon enough!  It came to a head two nights ago.

After the explosion, which was earthshattering,  I was supposed to take this child to youth group. Things weren't even close to resolved between us, and things were so tense and agitated that I was afraid to let her go.  She has a tendency to make up stories to "suit her feelings" rather than to accept her feelings as correct given the circumstance.  (That's another story for another day, however).  Being one who strongly believes in God's love, however, I wanted her to go to this meeting!  On the other hand, I also wanted her to stay home, calm down, and work on "our" relationship on the other.  I could see benefits and pitfalls to both.  I didn't want to put her in a situation where she felt compelled to lie.   I didn't want to keep her from learning about God.  I really was at a crossroads, and didn't know what to do.  I could not make a decision.   I was torn, and none of the possible outcomes looked very good.  I felt no matter which choice I made, someone was going to lose.  I felt like I was in the middle of tornado, debris swirling around in every direction, all around me was just chaos.  How do I step out of that-- without being pelted by debris myself?  What do I do?  I need HELP!!!  So, I started to do, the thing I'm so afraid (at times like this, anyway) to do....

I prayed.  I prayed for someone to help me make this decision.  Someone to understand I was tormented by not knowing what to do.  I prayed for His guidance.

As I sat there, praying...a very kind man (who taught this same child sunday school last year--which was how I met him) drove into the parking lot.  I took it as my sign to go talk to him.  I could talk away from the people in charge,  and more importantly away from the other teenagers.   I really didn't want to cross into that territory!  I was sent a one-on-one!!  (This is my comfort zone too, I'm not comfortable in groups).  This was ny nudge as you will, from God.  So, I ran up to him, and asked for a minute, very quickly explaining my crisis. 

This man helped me refocus my emotional fog and helped me make a decision (which was really what I needed help with).  He listened to me, and made me feel understood.  Asked a few pointed questions that I answered whole heartedly.  He then told me to take her home, and stick with my appointment to talk to the priest this morning.  I felt relieved, having had this man to help me make this decision.  My heart felt hopeful through the turmoil.  And HE?  God listened.

I was good with that ending.  I realized God really cared and sent me help--in my crisis.

Today, He drove the message home.  I learned this man, the one I trusted, and have only known as "Mr. Smith", is a judge!!  Someone who makes DECISIONS for a living.

If THAT isn't a sign (a SMILE) from God, what is?  I prayed for help in making a decision, and God sent me a judge!!!!

Yeah.  I am pretty sure he's listening.

You just have to open your heart when you ask for his help, then pay close attention afterwards to learn where to bend your ear.

Thank you God.  I love you!!

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
Jeannie
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »

Thanks for posting here, Neitling!  I tried the link earlier, but couldn't access it.  Now I see what the miracle was..... and am so glad for you.

When I get overly stressed, I can't make decisions.  Even simple things like what to fix for supper feel like HUGE issues.  Methinks the Lord knows and understands this, and gives us the occasional miracle to remind us that He cares.   love7

Bio-daughters 30 & 28, bio-son now in heaven, dear son 14 (healing from alphabet soup disorder)
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:28 PM »

Great post Neitling!   I am so glad that God sent you such a wise, compassionate man to help you!   love7

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:23:55 PM »

Wonderful!  So glad God sent along the person you needed at the right time.  Can sure make you feel loved.   love4

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »

Needed that today.  Thank you for the reminder that God is sufficient and He provides - yes so very well!
 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
kbdy
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »

love4 That's a wonderful that you found faith and guidance all in one package.

Isn't it delightful when things like that happen Smiley Just when you feel you cannot possibly handle one more single thing... boom. I call it being 'cuffed upside the head'  Grin

Bio-mom to:

RAD Dd 19
Dd 15
Ds 11
hallma1

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:55 AM »

Thanks for sharing that.  My family really needed to be reminded about God's ever-present provision and mercy.  God is sooo good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: