Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 23, 2024, 05:37:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scared children do scary things!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daugher and treatment  (Read 18903 times)
hallma1

Mood:

Awards
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:14:03 AM »

Daughter 1 is in youth detention awaiting a space in a juvenile offender rehab program.  This is kind of like a holding pattern while we seek placement in a residential facility which understands and can help her with RAD.  We have six weeks to find her a space in a residential facility.  Our prayer is that God will provide what she needs so that she can leave the current program and go directly into the residential program.  Your prayers (as the Spirit leads you) are welcome and appreciated. 
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:31:35 AM »

Sending some prayers on your behalf.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

One tiny step at a time...

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:05:01 AM »

Where are you located Hallma?

There are resources in many places that can help with this kind of thing.

I know Bizzziemom (another of our members) has a slew of resources posted after her signature line....clickable resources.  Another of our members, KathleenB is very knowledgable about resources as well.  And if you happen to be in a state where one of us already has a child in a RTC those members can be VERY helpful in helping you understand "how" to help things along...

But in the meantime I will pray for your child to find the way to the help she needs!!  Try to have faith.  He is merciful!!

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your kids!

2 Bio sons 7 & 9-sweetpeas
DN17- ADHD, RAD, Bipolar and possibly FAE
SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »

Prayers from here!  Just remember, He is holding your daughter in the palms of His hands - you too! 
 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
hallma1

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »

Thank you for all of the prayer.  God has already provided an answer!  We are in Alabama.  Most of you are probably familiar with the storms that have hit our state over the past year.  While my little corner of paradise has been mercifully spared the grief and destruction, the facilities that can meet DD1's needs have not.  All of the girls in these storm-damaged facilities are being moved to other facilities throughout the state.  In turn, DD1 is being relocated.  The relocation will take place today.  The relocation will also delay the start of DD1's court-ordered treatment for 2 months.  That's two months longer to find a place for her transition into treatment and two months longer for the rest of our family to rest and recover.  While my heart breaks at the thought of DD1 being in such a situation, I trust that God is at work.  His reply to our prayers this morning remind me that he "works all things to the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).

On behalf of my family, thank you so much for your support, your concern, and your prayers.

Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:11 AM »

Hang in there, Hallma!

Something will come along.  He is watching over all your family.

In the meantime, rest up as best you can.

I know that prayer can be the most restful thing we do in our day.  I am praying for your family to find peace.  I am also praying that those who have lost so much during these horrific storms, and those that will lose also in the future, stay safe and calm knowing they are in His hands and He is with them every step of the way.

(((((((((((((((((((hallma)))))))))))))))))))

1= AGD 22,ODD&RAD&BPD&CUTTER&FAE, SUICIDAL,DRUG ABUSER & DRUNK.
1= AGD24, DEPRESSION, DIGESTIVE STRESS Dx, EX-SWP ASTRANGED. BIO SIS TO AGD22.
1 AD40 METH ABUSER
1 AD42 DRUNK, METH/ DOM. VIOL. BIO MOM OF DGD22 AND DGD24.
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
8 OTHER GRNDS/6 GRT GRNDS (UNKNOWN)
MissB
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »

If KathleenB or Bizzie doesn't pop up here soon, send them a Private Message. Kathleen's been busier than normal lately, so she's been unable to watch all of the posts.   

Mother to SD14, but prefer to call her DD; who is healing!
Bizzziemom
Global Moderator
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »

I'm here countless times a day. 

bizzziemom
no bios; 5 adopted (3 RAD, grown and gone) at home is Angel Son 24 Down Syndrome and 7 yo AD "prinCESS" Hortense (FASD/ADHD/ODD/auditory processing disorder). 
Add http://  in front of all these...  www.ffcmh.org    www.fasstar.com       www.pacer.org    www.specialeducationadvisor.com
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »

I'm very glad some of the burden of finding a place has been postponed a little while.  Even so, I know the toll it takes on you. 

Offer your burden to Him.  Trust in him.  He IS merciful.   This walk is too much for anyone alone. 

And vent, giggle, or research here.  We'll help anyway we can.

sunny angel10 Grin

SS21-sweetpea (ok, at HKU) with some attachment issues due to divorce--currently enrolled in HKU
hallma1

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »

We tried to reach out to DD17 again last night.  It did not go well.  She was very disrespectful.  We have a service planning meeting tomorrow morning.  I'm hearing how "wonderful" and "cooperative" DD is being.  Her case worker even said she did not understand why DD17 acted out like she did at our first (and only) visit.

Requests:  1) Jesus says, "Do not worry."  Please pray that we are able to do this.
                2)  Agency people see through DD17's charades.
                3)  DD17 gets the help she needs.
                4) That the remainder of our family can begin to heal and pull together.  This includes our extended family which happens to be destroyed right now.
shooie
Novice

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 12:42:04 PM »

Halma I so feel with you. I prayed for each one of your concerns as I read them. You are seeking God, and He will NOT leave you there alone. Hugs!!
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »

Prayed for your requests, Hallma.  All important needs.  Keep us posted.

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
neitlingme
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »

Most definitely sending prayers for your family and healing.

Hang in there.

coffee2

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: