Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 11:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Fear leads to Anger.  Anger leads to Hate.  Hate leads to suffering." 

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morning devotion  (Read 13816 times)
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« on: December 12, 2013, 06:51:48 AM »

It's been a hard week and both my devotionals gave me some rope.

"...How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?  Clenase me from these hidden faults.  Keep your servant from delicberate sins!  Don't let them control me.  Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin..."  (within Psalm 19)        I am not happy with my reactions this week.  I am at the end of my rope and there is no nuture, just angst.  I pray all the time I will not react in anger, and this spoke   it perfectly for me.

"Not even God, with all power, can force a human being to love."  (Phillip Yancey)   Wow.  That's right in my face and lets my shoulders relax a bit.

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »

I like that verse from Psalm 19. Thanks for sharing that.

Hmmm...sins lurking in my heart...there are some I'm consiously aware of...and then there the "hidden" ones. Many, many of those. Sigh.  coffee

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »

We're all in the boat and much more aware of them in RADland.  Which in turn means the guilt is greater...which means the GRACE is enormous because it covers them!!

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »

So true and relevant.  Thanks Hope!

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »

What a great way of looking at it, Hope.  We are recipients of even greater grace than we thought.... and so are our darlins!  Your quote by Philip Yancey reminded me of what a psych. whose son was autistic said, "We are called not to be successful parents (as the world defines it) but to be faithful ones."  I really needed this reminder today.  God bless!
 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »

Love that quote!  I feel I'll never be a successful parent, but faithful I can be.

anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 06:07:27 AM »

Me too!  Certainly takes the pressure off and allows us to focus on loving them as they are and not who they 'should be' according to society.  A faithful parent?  Yes, I can do that!
 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »

Something that changed my perspective for a little while....we have to look at the eternal, not the earthly.  Granted, I have to keep reminding myself of it, but it really changed my outlook that day.  She has to see God's love from me, even if I screw it up when I get angry and overwhelmed.  She has not known this loving God, she has known evil and pain.  Been a long day and my words may be scrambled, but when I'm not in the midst of the chaos, this helps me refocus.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: