Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 20, 2024, 03:40:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scared children do scary things!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need prayers for Starr  (Read 13661 times)
Nina16
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »

I have an unusual prayer request. Our family dog hasn't been eating and had diarrhea. She is 12 years old. I am worried about her because she is my gs11 's therapy dog. Gs has had too my loses in his life and I am not sure how he will handle losing his dog.  Gs11 is in RTF right now. He comes home on the weekends.  He uses the dog to help him calm when he gets anxious. We haven't taken Starr, the dog to the vet yet. We can't afford to spent a lot of money for tests, especially since she is a senior dog. If she doesn't perk up soon,  I will have to have her checked. Hopefully she can be helped without a lot of tests. Thanks for the prayers. God had put this dog in our family to help gs11. I am sure God even cares about our pets.  love4

Gs16 Anxiety/depression  ODD, ADHD, Trichotillomania, Autism Spectrum, Trauma, and Klinefelter syndrome
Bio ds 39 married with 2 children
Bio ds 34 sweet-pea
Bio ds went to heaven on Oct 3, 2009 @ age 27, now raising his son 16.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:24 PM »

Praying your furry friend mends soon.  Do try rice or something else bland in place of the food.  Put some oil on it to entice her if she won't eat.  Your vet may tell you something to ease her stomach without coming in for a visit.  Good luck!

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »

I don't have a problem praying for an animal, especially one that serves her humans so well. Consider it done. God created these little animals for His pleasure, as well as ours. I hope Starr gets well soon!

(I actually prayed for a cat last week! Our cat was very sick and near death. I've never been a fan of cats--I was almost afraid of them. They creeped me out! But then, a year or so ago, we found a tiny kitten in our ditch, mewing mournfully. The rest is history. As for her illness, she's doing lots better now, still confined to the garage, but she is among the living again! And we're $211 poorer.  laugh)

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Nina16
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »

Thanks for the prayers. I am calling the vet if she refuses to eat tomorrow.

Gs16 Anxiety/depression  ODD, ADHD, Trichotillomania, Autism Spectrum, Trauma, and Klinefelter syndrome
Bio ds 34 sweet-pea
TeriPDX
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 09:55:43 PM »

I am also praying for Starr.   love7

DS20: RAD, FAE, ADHD; Adopted from Romania at age 2.
Mama Bee
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 06:05:31 AM »

I prayed when I read this last night and will continue to pray.
OHGrandma
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 09:57:56 AM »

I have an unusual prayer request. Our family dog hasn't been eating and had diarrhea. She is 12 years old. I am worried about her because she is my gs11 's therapy dog. Gs has had too my loses in his life and I am not sure how he will handle losing his dog.  Gs11 is in RTF right now. He comes home on the weekends.  He uses the dog to help him calm when he gets anxious. We haven't taken Starr, the dog to the vet yet. We can't afford to spent a lot of money for tests, especially since she is a senior dog. If she doesn't perk up soon,  I will have to have her checked. Hopefully she can be helped without a lot of tests. Thanks for the prayers. God had put this dog in our family to help gs11. I am sure God even cares about our pets.  love4

I've been a farmer all my life.  It's my firm belief that God cares about all of his creation and he especially cares for the animals His people love.  Prayers for your dog.
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »

How is Starr today?  grommit

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Nina16
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 05:04:48 PM »

Thanks again for your prayer! Starr was much better today. She had her appetite and her spunk was back today. Her diarrhea was better,  but still not completely normal. Hopefully this was only a virus.

Bio ds 34 sweet-pea
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: