Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 19, 2024, 03:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "When you're through changing, you're through."  Bruce Barton

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A birthday celebration, need prayers  (Read 18963 times)
Nina16
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »

Please pray for us tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be my son's birthday, he would have been 32 years old. We are picking our gs11 up @ RTF in the morning. We are going to put marble stones around his headstone to make it look nicer (I asked gs if he wanted to do this with us, he choose to be part of it) . Afterwards, we are going out to eat for lunch. Gs picked a place his dad used to take him. Dh & I want to take him to a pond near by and fish for a while. We plan to eat dinner @ home and end the evening with cake ice cream (a request by gs, celebrated bd with cake since ds passed). Gs11 will return to RTF and a therapist plans on talking with gs about the day (this will be really hard for him). Pray he does well when he is with us and does a really good job sharing with T.

The reason we choose to fish is to help gs to calm from the stress. Gs loves to fish. It is his love and passion. We take him fishing often and it is also something he did with his dad.

Gs16 Anxiety/depression  ODD, ADHD, Trichotillomania, Autism Spectrum, Trauma, and Klinefelter syndrome
Bio ds 39 married with 2 children
Bio ds 34 sweet-pea
Bio ds went to heaven on Oct 3, 2009 @ age 27, now raising his son 16.
TeriPDX
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »

I will be praying that your celebration is heart-warming for all.   love4

DS20: RAD, FAE, ADHD; Adopted from Romania at age 2.
Mama Bee
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »

It sounds like a very well planned lovely celebration/ remembrance. Praying it goes well.
Naida
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 07:54:16 AM »

You are in my prayers today.
Dkmama
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Trying to remember who I was before...

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:06:43 AM »

Prayers and comfort for you today, sassy!

DS 16- adopted RAD, ODD
DD 15-adopted ADHD, ODD
DS 12-bio no issues
DD 5- bio happy as a lark!
Happily Married for 19 years.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 10:41:09 AM »

Prayers for a really good day.

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 02:44:57 PM »

Praying from here.
 coffee2 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Nina16
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 07:11:31 PM »

Thank you for your prayers. It turned out to be a good day. We put the marble stones around the headstone as planned. Gs11 helped and wasn't too upset. Everything went smoothly. A nice surprise was my youngest ds joined us for the day. When I returned gs11 to RTF, he was in a good mood. Hope his therapy went well after we left. We pick him up tomorrow morning. We are meeting up with my son's old girlfriend & her daughter at the zoo.  It will be good for the kids to see each other (they used to live together before my son passed). They haven't see each other since October.

Thanks again for prayers.

Gs16 Anxiety/depression  ODD, ADHD, Trichotillomania, Autism Spectrum, Trauma, and Klinefelter syndrome
Bio ds 34 sweet-pea
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »

So glad all of you had a good day with good memories.  I hope it helps the sadness from losing your son.

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM »

Such a loss and such a sweet idea for remembering your loss.   Glad the day went well....   Prayers and hugs for you, Sassy.

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Nina16
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »

Up date: Everything went well last week end with the birthaday celebration. Meeting with my son's old girlfriend last Saturday went well and the kids had fun. My gs11 kept telling me the girlfriend's daughter was like a sister to him. Gs seemed real happy to see them. Sunday was another fun day. We took him back to RTF Sunday night and all seemed well. On Monday, after all the activities were over,  my gs11 had a huge meltdown (2x in the same day). RTF staff members all agree the meltdown had to do with his dad's birthday.  Once he had time to think about the birthday, meeting up with his dad's girlfriend and daughter, it hit him. RTF didn't want to come down on him too hard, but he lost his overnighter this week end. He was allowed home for the day not night. We also had to return him to RTF earlier then usual (they didn't take everything away). He also had to write ways he could have handled it better. He has come a long way. He needs to learn to cope, his dad's birthday will come every year.

Thanks again for the prayers.

Bio ds 34 sweet-pea
Mama Bee
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 09:53:29 PM »

It sounds like he did pretty well overall. Dealing with the loss of his dad would be a lot at that age. Having to deal with all the memories that the gf and her dd brought up, plus not being home would make it extremely difficult, I would think.
Nina16
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 10:02:15 PM »

I agree Mama Bee. Not being home (away from us)  probably didn't help. I was told, as long as he does well this week,  he will have his overnight visit back next week. blob1

Bio ds 34 sweet-pea
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »

I am glad that the RTC seems to be trying and helping him.   Again, I am so sorry for YOU and the loss of your son so young.   (((Sassy))))

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: