Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 03:42:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting On ... God?  (Read 9238 times)
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:12:56 AM »

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.” - .Lamentations 3: 22-24

Be still and wait on the LORD... Hmm, something that seems ridiculous, perhaps even impossible in this world that turns in a blink.  Waiting. Wait.  Wait on someone else.  Wait on someone wiser.  Wait on someone stronger.  Wait on someone who knows the outcome and is willing to guide us through it.  Wait on someone who loves us more than we could ever imagine.  Wait....

That means trust.  That means it is not me doing it all.  That means that the praise will not be for me, nor my name lifted up.  That means that I am free.  Free to breathe easily.  Free to admit that I'm afraid or don't know.  Free to leave the responsibilities to someone else who knows better.  Free to step out of the way and ... and what?

"In repentance and rest is Your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but You would have none of it."  Isaiah 33:15

What?  What was that, LORD?  I would have none of it?  How can you say --- oh.

In repentance.  Yes.  I have overstepped.  I have gotten in the way.  I have trusted in me to do things.  Look where it has gotten me.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help."  Psalm 121:1

Lift my eyes, lift them up, see what is bigger than my problems.  See what is ahead of me.  See the beauty around me.  See how big this world is and realize that yes, God IS even bigger.  And then, see ... rest.  Rest in His promises.  Rest in His time.  Rest in the arms of Poppa-God.  Rest.  Listen.  Listen to Him whisper His love to us.  Listen to Him calling you by name.  Listen to Him who holds every tear and watches over us with singing.  Listen to Poppa-God sing.  Listen to Him sing, just to you, and to rest, dear, loved, child.

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:59:10 AM »

Just beautiful Anne.   What a gift back to the Lord in your response.   Better days ahead!....

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
blessingsindisguise
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »

Beautiful!

blessings

courage does not always roar.
sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"i will try again tomorrow".
mary anne radmacher
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »

Thank you for sharing.  God has blessed you through his word and you responded transparently.   

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: