Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
May 02, 2024, 12:21:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative Attitude  (Read 2278 times)
Naida
Earl/Countess

Awards
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »

Has anyone found anything that works for ODD? 

I'm not talking about drugs I mean behavior modification.

My son isn't bad compared to where he was but the constant negative and oppositional attitude is frustrating.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »

The book I referred called Transforming the Difficult Child has several options that seem to work better then most. In essence, it focuses on acknowledging the positive and mostly ignoring the negative. There is a section on consequences and how to apply them. I got the workbook from the library and it has helped me better then anything else I found.

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Kathleenb
King/Queen

Mood:

Coach and trainer

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »

Naida,

BIT & IH were what did the trick for us. I know you've tried BIT - maybe you need to check with your provider for a "touch-up" session? Your son has grown a lot - maybe there are some issues that couldn't be resolved before that can be addressed now?

Mine have also mostly grown out of that now as adults, so if you don't find anything - here's hoping that time will help.

I survived 2 bio's and 4 adopteds, all now adults
Therapeutic parenting coach & trainer
Integrated Healing practitioner
Rhythmic Movement Training
My web site: attachmentandintegrationmethods DOT com
Twitter: AttachIntegrate
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:34:28 PM »

Octopus helped. 

We had tried everything with DD14 and almost ended up dead.  When Dd12 started up, we swore we wouldn't go down that route.

My BFF and I were in a big oriental market and making the 'eeeww' remarks about all of the 'whole' seafood.

And I thought to myself..... "Hmmmmm...."

So I bought a can of octopus.  Some herring.  And some milkfish.  Canned.  In oil.  One had garlic. 

It was fully cooked and someone was eating it. 

When I got home, DH and I discussed and basically said "What the hey, we'll give this a try."

No more spankings or hollerings.  You want to act up, you're eating octopus. 

Eventually, the time came and we served up the octopus. 

I think it helped.  It became a very real threat for her and she knew we'd do it.  It seems that she far less frequently deserved octopus than her sister. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: