Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 29, 2024, 05:52:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas gift idea  (Read 11678 times)
Naida
Earl/Countess

Awards
« on: December 02, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »

I heard this the other day on the radio and I thought it sounded neat.  I'm not sure how well my son will like it but we're doing it anyway.

Since Jesus got three gifts he will get three gifts. 

Gold= something of value ie something he really wants
Frankincense = something of spiritual value.  My son likes Adventures in Odyssey so he's getting the  most recent volume.   
Myrrh = something he would wear/put on his body

Then since Christ came and taught us to serve we will go to a nursing home or something and take a craft.

I just thought this was neat and will help with some of the selfishness that seems to come with Christmas.
Mama Bee
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »

It sounds like a very nice idea.

I heard it on the radio, too. I told worst rad that she was getting long underwear, a new Bible since she has destroyed hers and 50 pounds of oatmeal because that is what she loves. Actually, she isn't crazy about oatmeal. Maybe because I buy it in 50 pound bags.
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »

Oh that's wonderful!!!  I love that idea!  We are giving 'essentials' and a wee bit extra this year as the kiddos got new winter coats that took up most of the budget and being in care, they don't have a lot of room for things, but the other things we'll put into 3 bags with a note about that on each one.  Thank you!!! happy8
 coffee2 coffee2
anne

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Dkmama
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Trying to remember who I was before...

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »

We have done that for years for our kids. It works beautifully!

DS 16- adopted RAD, ODD
DD 15-adopted ADHD, ODD
DS 12-bio no issues
DD 5- bio happy as a lark!
Happily Married for 19 years.
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »

Love the idea - would be perfect for the girls in their girls home.  A great solution.  Thank you for sharing!
Jeannie
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »

I heard it, too, and thought it was a great idea.  I haven't figure out how to "apply" it for this Christmas, but I'm thinking it over....  The problem is DS13 would choose a phone for his GOLD.  We really don't want to go that route with him yet, but he's still hoping.  Undecided

Bio-daughters 30 & 28, bio-son now in heaven, dear son 14 (healing from alphabet soup disorder)
Naida
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »

Well I have my son and my exchange student.  Doing this will also save me money.

Here are there gifts:
Gold: Gaming Chair & Nurf Gun
Frankincense: Adventures in Odyssey & True U (Scientific evidence for God)
Myrrh: A couple t-shirts/sweat pants & gloves w/scarf

I am buying a family gift that will benefit everyone that I'm seeing a need for.

I'm also treating myself to this which is a nice change because I always focus on my son.  But now I can get myself these also.

I will also do the stocking which will have some small gifts/candy in them.

I am buying my son a phone but it's for me.  We got separated at Silver Dollar City last weekend and it took hours to find him.  I need it for my peace of mind.  I bought a $10 trac phone that is a triple minute phone which means if I buy 100 minutes of time he actually gets 300 minutes.  It will let me control what's happening and honestly... he never wants to talk on the phone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: