Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 03:57:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Galatians 6:9

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus is the Reason for the Season  (Read 9709 times)
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:10:39 AM »

Matthew 1:18 thru 2:23

I was thinking about Mary and how scared to death she must have been. She was just a child, probably 16 and she was told she was going to have a baby from God, his son. She knew she never lost her virginity but she was pregnant.  Not very believable then and certainly not now.

I was just imagining what life here would be like without Jesus?

Thanks to Jesus we have eternal life and rewards we can never earn or never deserve.

Makes me remember that none of our kids asked for the hell they got so if Jesus can give up Heaven, become a baby, die on a cross, then maybe we can show love and compassion to the children he has blessed us with here on earth? I am sure there are lots of days I am not a blessing to God. Sin is sin, no matter what, and if anyone deserves Grace it would be our kids. That's just what I was thinking.

I am determined to enjoy Christmas and celebrate the real reason for the season. If I can do that maybe it will show my kids that with Jesus their lives can be better too.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
theamari
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »

I agree, Sherrie. We can't make our kids receive God's Grace, but we can show them by example what it does for us, and maybe they will want to receive it, too.
Naida
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:02:29 PM »

Thanks for sharing.  That's very well said.
anne
King/Queen

Mood:

Just breathe!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 07:02:59 AM »

Thank you.
 coffee2 coffee2
annd

"Good question! Next Question!
"His grace is sufficient...always strength comes for the task."
"Hope on, Hope ever!"
"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to!"
Darlins are bio sibs -Dd20 (RAD, GAD-NOS, PTSD, Bipolar? ABC?), Ds18 (AD,CP,PDD-NOS,PTSD); adopted at 6 and 3.5 yr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: