Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 07:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "When you're through changing, you're through."  Bruce Barton

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He knows  (Read 19486 times)
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:06:17 PM »

Was going to post this on my blog, but DH doesn't want to put something so personal up there.  It's an anonymous blog, but he's stubborn and obviously hasn't read my blog posts - they are all personal.  It's long.  Don't feel obligated to read it.  It's just cleansing to share it, to put it out there.

Today marks one year since the first ER visit with AD15. 

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
OHGrandma
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »

Thank you. 
My head says to let go of our grandson, we have not had any authority over him for 16 months, thanks to CPS.  But my heart can't let go.  I read your article and it's almost like God is saying to me, 'let go'.

Thank you
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:46:10 PM »

((((((((Hope))))))))

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Mama Bee
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »

Hugs to you, Hope.
Dkmama
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Trying to remember who I was before...

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:55 PM »

Wow! Seeing it all written in such a way is powerful. I'm sorry for your hurt, I hope someday you can all heal. I pray that for all of us. Hugs to you, Hope!

DS 16- adopted RAD, ODD
DD 15-adopted ADHD, ODD
DS 12-bio no issues
DD 5- bio happy as a lark!
Happily Married for 19 years.
Naida
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 07:14:53 AM »

Hope, what a hard year.  ((hugs))
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 07:17:55 AM »

It is very powerful and heartbreaking too.

I feel the same fear for my 10 year old. I am pushing him now to start working on the problems he controls and start looking for answers. We read about love in the devotions this morning and it was about "love your enemies". That is a tough read for me and probably most people but I hope God uses it to help my son realize he isn't loved by me because he deserves it but because God commands it. I also reminded him to love himself first. Since he, like so many of our kids, don't love themselves they can never love anyone else.. I am not sure he will do it but it's his to fix and control. All I can do is offer the information and pray.

I will pray for you and your daughter. RTC's are worthless, in my opinion. My son spent 4 years in them before I adopted him and they did nothing useful. They refuse to address the issues.

If it is not too late or not too far I would suggest trying to get into the Attachment and Bonding centers in Ohio. Dr, Keck has a program that works and it forces the child to address the issues. The therapists do not sugar coat or coddle or reward no effort. It really helped my son and coupled with a decent therapist now he is being forced to move ahead. The traditional therapy that is all about feel good BS never will work.

Anyway, I can tell you have tried so many things and I pray God helps you find a solution or way through the mess. I sympathize with you and will pray.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »

Sherrie, I wish we lived closer to the center, but we don't and they only have outpatient.  Thanks for the prayers.

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
TeriPDX
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:31:59 AM »

Hope, thank you for sharing.  We are all in my prayers.   love7

DS20: RAD, FAE, ADHD; Adopted from Romania at age 2.
Jeannie
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:34:31 AM »

Thanks, Hope. I'm glad you shared this here.

Bio-daughters 30 & 28, bio-son now in heaven, dear son 14 (healing from alphabet soup disorder)
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 06:43:06 PM »

I hope you got that feeling of release of having that written down.

If you would like, I can post it on my blog with credit to 'another RAD mom.'  What you've written might help someone else. 

https://seedydiva.wordpress.com/category/raising-radishes/https://seedydiva.wordpress.com/category/raising-radishes/

Just offering!
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »

Thank you.  That is very sweet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: