Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 18, 2024, 11:01:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discipline  (Read 28460 times)
clbmom
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »

I'm in the same camp.
mcbfun
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »

I'm in the same camp.

wav

DD 18 - bio
DD 14 - adopted at birth, attached and happy Smiley
DS 13 - adopted at 2.5 years, RAD RAD RAD
OHGrandma
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »

Despite our differences our one bond is our desire for our children to WANT to do what is right. 
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »

When we realized the concept of God meant nothing to our girls, we tried character.

A definition of character that I like is "Doing the right thing when no one is looking."  or how you behave when no one is looking.

We tried the "It's Up to You, What Would You Do?" books (which are really great!).  We'd talk out the situation and what you'd do.

Still didn't mean a hill of beans, but we tried.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 06:55:45 AM »

RADDAils,

I agree. We can't make our kids have the internal conscience that is required to want to do what is right, especially when doing what is wrong has been so strongly reinforced in their early lives.

Again, some of the worst people on earth came from normal, functional, families and sometimes kids are just wired badly and nothing makes a difference. I am certain you tried everything.

I too use the good character lessons which are based on te Bible. But, as with many things, I explain to my sons that they will be held accountable in the end, not me. And that even if they get away with stuff now, eternity is a long time to pay the price. Still their choice, as is becoming a Christian and walking the Christian faith of the Bible. Man y will come but few will enter the gates of Heaven. I plan to be one of them and I pray my sons are also, but they have free will to choose. That is God's territory. We are merely called to witness and offer the right way, our kids still have to choose that path.

But, like you, I know that if they do not choose God and the only true way to Heaven it will not be for my lack of telling my sons.

hang in there and the 25th is coming soon.

I pray you have peace.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: