Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 09:41:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grief  (Read 9709 times)
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:03:48 AM »

I have been reading this book called "Jesus Today" by Sarah Young. Todays message said:

"Though I bring grief, I will show compassion. So, do not despair when hard times come your way, and do not try to escape them prematurely. Timing is My prerogative! There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Grief is a season, and I will use it for your good.

Unlike the four seasons of the year, the seasons of your life are not orderly or predictable. When you are grieving, you may feel as if sorrow will accompany you the rest of your days. But remember that I have promised to show compassion. So great is my unfailing love for you.

When you are suffering, search for signs of My merciful Presence. Even during your darkest days, streaks of Light break through the storm clouds - providing hope and comfort. My unfailing Love shines upon you always. Look up to Me and see My face shining down upon you. I never run out of compassions. They are new every morning."

Lamentations 3:32, and 3: 22-24, and Ecclesiastes 3:1 and Numbers 6:25

This seemed helpful to me this morning even though I am struggling with sorrow and loss. I feel at times as if the pain will never end. I expect our children feel that way as well. Maybe that is why it is so hard to get them through stuff. They are stuck on the hurt and can't move forward. Therefore, they hurt everyone around them in an attempt to feel better. That never works for me. This does help me understand sometimes.

Anyway, maybe this will help others.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Jeannie
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:35:33 AM »

Thanks, Sherrie.  Appreciate this!

Bio-daughters 30 & 28, bio-son now in heaven, dear son 14 (healing from alphabet soup disorder)
Mama Bee
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 08:17:20 AM »

Good thoughts. I will have to look up the verses.
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »

Yes and thank you!

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18