Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 19, 2024, 12:20:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Desperate people do desperate things!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for My Son  (Read 13561 times)
MOMDY

Mood:

Awards
« on: October 19, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »

My son was admitted to the hospital over the weekend.  I went to see him on Sunday and it was quite difficult.  He's 9 and has lost so many things and is very angry.  I pray that we will receive the are that he needs and I receive the tools to help him, after he's released. Always in His Grip!
TeriPDX
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »

I am praying. 

DS20: RAD, FAE, ADHD; Adopted from Romania at age 2.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 03:32:28 PM »

I am praying as well.

Hopefully God can use this time to strengthen you and your son and help him see past the anger.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »

Praying.  Is this his first inpatient?

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 05:57:56 AM »

My devotion this morning said "Lean on me as you face the circumstances of this day. Whether or not they realize it, all people lean on , depend on, something: physical strength, intelligence, beauty, wealth, achievements, family, friends, and so on. All of these are gifts from Me, to be enjoyed gratefully. However, relying on any of these things is risky, because every one of them can let you down.

When your circumstances are challenging and you are feeling weak, you tend to obsess about how you are going to make it through the day. This wastes a lot of time and energy; it also distracts you from Me. Whenever this happens, ask me to open your eyes so you can find Me in the moment. See Me standing nearby, with My strong arm extended toward you, offering you My help. Don't try to pretend that you have it all together or that you are stronger than you really are. Instead, lean hard on Me, letting Me bear most of your weight and help you with your problems. Rejoice in Me, your strength, and worship while leaning on Me. Proverbs 18:24

I needed to hear this because I am struggling with how to feel useful and find a place to work as an attorney. I thought it may help others here too.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 06:58:45 AM »

Thanks Sherrie. That is helpful to me. I feel like I have a million and one things to do, although it really isn't that many. I run from one thing to another. Leaning on God is a better answer.
MOMDY

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »

Thank you.  I met with my son today and he wasn't as angry as on Sunday.  First meeting with the team in inpatient care. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: