Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 19, 2024, 03:40:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."  George Orwell

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer requested for My 21 year old son  (Read 14889 times)
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« on: November 02, 2016, 04:48:47 AM »

Please pray for my oldest son. I have not heard from him in several weeks and I am beginning to be worried. I know he is an adult but I just need to know he is ok. I am fairly certain he is not in jail because he has missed two court appearances in the past week. I suspect he is on the run and avoiding the consequences of his choices. But, I am still his mother, and I need to know he is safe. He will not answer my texts either.

Please pray he is safe. Please pray he is not back to using heroin. Please pray for protection for him as he is wherever he is and that he contacts me so I can hear that he is Ok.

Thanks,

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:24:23 AM »

Praying and hugs to you. This is such a difficult journey.
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 12:44:49 PM »

Much love, comfort, and strength.
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:39 PM »

I understand the need to get that call.

Praying for your son. Hugs to you.

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Eliza
Baron/Baroness

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »

I am praying for your family and sending a hug.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 08:23:21 PM »

Praying, Sherrie. 

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »

I believe I found my son. No, he did not call me. It appears from the court docket he is now in jail for a second OVI and two driving without insurance offenses. He may have been in an accident as well. Apparently the vehicle he claimed was his belongs to someone else so why they allowed him to drive intoxicated I have no idea. But, it appears he is safe, at least in jail he can't do much else wrong.

I guess alcohol is better then heroin but obviously he is an alcoholic and should not drink at all.

It breaks my heart he continues to lie to me about everything but I certainly can't change him now. I love him so much but he seems determined to make poor choices indefinitely.

Thanks for praying. Please don't stop. he needs God's protection and love now as much as ever.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »

Continuing to pray. Glad you found him and that he is safe.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »

Glad you are no longer wondering.

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

We're in the same boat.  Pretty sure oldest is in an RTC somewhere.

Youngest is on the run from brood sow.

She used to be a sweet girl, now she's had sex, admits to getting high, and admits to drinking.  Of course now she has a girlfriend.  She's not in school (should be 8th grade) and hasn't been since at least this spring.

While it hurts to know the path she's on and the danger she faces, we try, very hard, not to obsess.  There's nothing we can do to help.  We've decided we will be available for her to call, we won't criticize, we'll be sane voices she can talk to.  DHS is not worried about her.  Her mom is not worried.  So we're not going to worry. 

That's all we can do. 

So we say prayers and move on.  It absolutely sucks, but that's all you can do. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: