Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 08:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our cup  (Read 11883 times)
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« on: November 18, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »

We all have our cup in life – our trial, struggle, thorn in the flesh, etc. Jesus asked the Father to take his cup, but ONLY if it was his will. Handing it over to God, he was strengthened then prayed fervently. Hmmm…sounds like a plan to me – THE plan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup fro me; yet not my will, but yours be done." An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. Luke 22:41-44

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 05:50:30 AM »

Thanks Hope.

We all yearn for what others have and the perfect families we see from the outside. Yet, none of us really know what that family goes through. Yes, there are perfect families but that is not my lot in life.

I have prayed hundreds of times for God to give me back my sweet nephews and ask why I am stuck with two sons who seem to have no idea what a mom is or respect how blessed they are to have me for their mom.

So, thanks for the reminder that God is still on the throne and He has given us our "cup."

One thing is for sure. I would never have learned as much as I have or grown spiritually as much as I have in the past 10 years without my sons. I trust God a lot more and hope that keeps growing. Probably because of the trials my sons put me through. I love them both and that is all I can do. I have loved stray animals who just passed by after a few days or weeks in my life.

Jesus loved all of us in spite of being crucified and blamed and made fun of... The disciples shared the gospel even though it cost most of them their lives. I think I can manage my sons and doing my best to help them. Even if they never understand why.

Thanks Hope for the blessing and insight.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »

I don't think any family gets a free ride with no trouble. Every family and every individual has their own version of trials and tribulation. The internet is full of forums like this one to help people deal with every conceivable curve ball life throws at them.

I truly believe that we (our family and all of us on this board) are called by God to do this work. It's our cup. He puts us in a position where we have to turn to Him for help. None of us caused the problems we're dealing with and yet God entrusted these young souls to us to raise. What a special calling! Very difficult work but also an honor, you know?

We're getting ready to adopt our 4th child--all of our kids have/had some level of medical, emotional or intellectual challenges. They are all difficult to some extent. Radlet is by far the most challenging and if we could go back in time, knowing what we know now, we would run the other direction. But we also believe that God gave him to us. Because of him, for years I said I would not pursue any more adoptions "unless God dropped one in my lap." Guess what? He did! Our new little guy is a 2-year-old foster child who has pretty serious medical problems but he is FIRMLY attached and brings joy to our home and our hearts. So we're getting on the adoption roller coaster again!

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 04:35:49 AM »

D,

Congratulations! I too am still hoping to adopt more kids. I enjoy children and I hope I can find a child who can show me love in return.

I commend you fro being open to God's direction. I recognize that I miss His calling at times because I get focused on the wrong things, namely myself.

I appreciate the attitude of your heart and I am certain your son will have the best chance to heal.

I will pray you find the ability and strength to do your part and trust God to do the rest.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »

Thank you, Sherrie!

Have you considered doing foster care? (Or maybe you already have done that?) Lots of people build their families through foster care because it's kind of a "try before you buy" arrangement and you have a better chance of getting a baby, which is important to some and not so much to others. It can be a little risky, getting your heart involved and have them send the kiddo back home but with an open mind and an open heart, you can be blessed many times over. We're gettiing ready to send one of our fosters home tomorrow and we'll miss him terribly but his family is an awesome group of people and we're richer for having known them. They have promised to stay in touch.

Even with the new baby, parental rights are terminated but we still allow them and the grandparents to visit and we send pictures often (and keep our boundaries). They are very grateful. There was a time when I would have felt threatened by such an arrangement but not now.

Just my thoughts.  Smiley

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 06:29:36 AM »

D,

I am a licensed foster parent but because my son is in the temporary custody of CPS so they can pay the ridiculous fees to keep him in RTC I cannot foster right now.

I have not ever really wanted babies but when I had my great nephews they were 2 and 3 and they were awesome. But, thanks to lies by CPS they were taken away and I cannot ever see them or have any contact with them because the women who adopted them would rather perpetuate the lies of CPS.

So, maybe if my son ever gets done with CPS I can foster again. I do enjoy it and some of the boys needed sent back but there have been a few that pulled my heart. I am happy they could go home because I know that si best for most kids but because I love so openly it hurts each time.

I am glad you are blessed with good experiences too.

Sherrie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: