Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 19, 2024, 06:24:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "When you're through changing, you're through."  Bruce Barton

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for my health, please  (Read 98133 times)
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2017, 11:17:29 PM »

A person can be allergic to Benadryl but more likely to the dye that's in it. If Mama Bee has a true allergy to the Benadryl, there are other meds like Vistaril that would serve the purpose. It seems to me they also make a dye-free version of the Benadryl.

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Nookster
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2017, 02:29:20 PM »

That's true about the dye in Benedryl, though I associate that with kids.  I had just assumed it was given as an injection or IV.  Definitely ask about that.  Could also be a preservative in it; meds that are injected all have weird preservatives to which you might have a sensitivity.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2017, 09:23:23 PM »

I don't know. It is frightening how little some of the experts seem to know. I took over the counter oral Benedryl which I have never reacted to before in a negative way. So your guess is as good as mine. One of my adult dd thought that it could all have been based on stress. I don't know. I am just glad that I am still alive and feeling better tonight. The cold that I caught from my kids is waning. I had been scared that it would kill me since I had never been sick when I had such a low hemoglobin count.

God is good.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2017, 10:20:40 PM »

Another good report on Thursday. My hemoglobin was down, but my platelets and white cells which had been down are back up.That is a good thing and something I had been concerned about. More tumors in my neck are shrinking. My cancer or tumor markers that had been at 97 in mid Dec. when I had only been on the breast cancer meds for a couple of days are now down to 62. The doctor said that was very good. I have nothing to compare it to,so I am choosing to believe him.

I requested and was going to insist on my favorite nurse doing my transfusion. She was assigned to me and told me about all of the symptoms of anemia which helped me realize that like D said on page 4 some of the time when I am down it is due to the anemia which wears me out.

My brother called tonight and it was great to hear from him. He shared with me that another person who hardly knows me wanted me to know that they are praying for me every day. That is very uplifting to me.

Take care my friends and thank you for all of the support.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »

Congrats on the good report!  Still praying.

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2017, 11:59:05 PM »

Happy for your good report. Please keep us updated, to the extent that you want to share. You will remain in my prayers.

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »

I'll share my little gem of anemia help:

Geritol Tonic

It's the nastiest thing, but it works.  Learned about it with an anemic German Shepherd.  It's been my go to when I feel that weakness set upon me.

And liver and onions!   (as long as I don't cook it and stink up the house!)
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2017, 10:02:12 PM »

Raddails-I will have to check with my doctor. When I was first receiving the transfusions, I was taking an iron supplement and a vitamin with iron. My favorite nurse, (please pray I can get her when I go tomorrow) noticed that my iron was high and checked with the doctor who said to stop the iron supplements. I was told by another person from church that when you have too have many transfusions as in several hundred, iron can build up to a toxic level. This had happened to a relative of theirs. I think it is just part of what I will have to go through for now. But I will check into that.Thank you.

I found a good antidote to the tiredness today. 

I came home from my weekly blood test, feeling a bit tired and down, knowing that yet again I would need a transfusion.
The cure? A back-talking,sassy,whining,screaming, defiant, lying teenage radish! She made me so mad today, I jumped up and said,"Let's go!".
I was ready to run to her school to get the study materials she had neglected to bring home again. I had warned her that if she didn't bring them home today there would be consequences that she didn't like. She refused to move off the couch so I told the other four to jump in the car, grabbed the snack of pizza and told her she would be having none and left her to be bored to death by a lecture from dh.

We got to the school. They called her teacher up to the office and he said that she was lying about what she said to me today. I got on the phone and called her and made her talk to him. He confronted her about her latest lie to me. She was NOT happy. I felt great. A little tired. So I rested and then took the other kids off to do some fun things that required no energy from me.

By the time we got home, she was still in denial about being responsible for any of her bad grades. She got so mad she stomped off into the bathroom, slammed the door and took a bath! She sure showed me,didn't she? She had refused to bathe for a week so it was a win-win situation. When she got out, she was appalled that I had the audacity to insist that she put on clean underwear(after a week,it gets pretty ripe) before she ate dinner. By the time she sat down to eat she was relatively compliant. I enjoyed an evening of no sass from her while I rested and she cleaned up the kitchen. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2017, 05:29:26 AM »

Yeah!

That is funny and sad because it is so typical of our RADishes.

I am glad you rested eventually.

Praying for your next transfusion to be your last!

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2017, 07:51:10 AM »

Great story.  Why do we love the stories when a RADish gets a come-uppance?!

Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2017, 03:21:12 PM »

Raddails- I guess I love it because I feel beaten down by her nonsense so much of the time and right now I REALLY don't need it.

Bad news and good news- The angels had a snow day today and that drove me a little crazy since they were home all day. They went outside for what felt like 15 minutes.

Good news- I was stuck home with them because my hemoglobin was up to 7.2 which is considered good in the world of cancer so I didn't need to get a transfusion. It may be because they gave me two units of blood last week. Hoping it will last until next week and not go down by Monday.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2017, 03:35:35 PM »

Yeah for good news!

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2017, 03:00:01 AM »

Yeah because God answers prayers.

I will keep praying tat you don't need more blood transfusions and that the doctors are baffled by your healing.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »

Thank you for the continued prayers and good thoughts.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2017, 09:32:30 PM »

Today I went for my weekly blood work. I felt pretty badly, but by tonight I felt better.

Then tonight at 9:15 pm I got a call from the hospital saying that my blood count was low and I would need a transfusion.It wasn't as low as two weeks ago when I needed two units. I told them that I already have one scheduled for tomorrow. The doctor, who wasn't my regular doctor said that was okay, but if I feel light headed, short of breath, dizzy, etc.,etc.,etc he would advise that I go to the ER. It brought back a rush of memories of when I was hospitalized in NOv. when they didn't know what was wrong with me.

God is good.It is hard not to be scared sometimes. I haven't been reading the bible enough. I have to let go of all this other nonsense and focus on getting better.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: