Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 09:53:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for my health, please  (Read 98586 times)
Dkmama
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Trying to remember who I was before...

Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 04:43:36 AM »

This is such great news! Praying for you all this Christmas season.

DS 16- adopted RAD, ODD
DD 15-adopted ADHD, ODD
DS 12-bio no issues
DD 5- bio happy as a lark!
Happily Married for 19 years.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 11:39:51 PM »

Thanks for your continued prayers. My family doesn't understand how sick I am. Yesterday oldest dd wanted to take me Christmas shopping. She said we would go to three stores. I knew that I couldn't handle more than one and that one would have to be the one with the electric carts. We instead went to a store without any and  where there were no shopping carts available. I managed to make it slowly to the back of the store. At that point I was very tired and asked her to go and get me an empty cart from the front to lean on. By the time we went through the second store, where I ran into two people I knew,I was exhausted and had to come home to take a nap.

Tonight I called a neighbor who used to call me several times a day, who I hadn't talked to in several days.She is old and gets confused and often speaks her mind. In the middle of the conversation she asked me if I really believe the doctors when they say I am healed. That bothered me. I tried to explain that they said it can't be cured, but it can be managed or treated. She didn't sound like she believed me. I don't care if she doesn't believe me,but I don't need her negative input at this point.

I need to go and get some sleep. I will feel better after that.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 06:33:16 AM »

MamaBee 1,

There is a Walton's episode where Mr. Godsey has a heart attack and throughout the hardest part was for him to take it easy. Take it easy!

We all need you here to encourage us and what you share is encouraging. Your kids and husband need you and trying to do too much isn't good.

Plus, I believe everything and maybe it is good that the older lady forgot to call. Who needs rain on their parade?

Take care, take it slow and explain to your DD that you are sick still and that it will be very slow before you recover. Honesty is best and that is what your kids and family need. being strong sometimes means we have to admit our shortfalls or weaknesses.

God Bless, lots of prayers!

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
OHGrandma
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »

MamaBee, maybe you could pray for that lady(and me!)?

Mark 9:23-25New King James Version (NKJV)

23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe,[a] all things are possible to him who believes.”

24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it: “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!”

So often, I feel like the father in Mark 9:24.  May the Lord rebuke the cancer cells within your body and make you healthy.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 07:51:57 PM »

Yes, I will pray for you,OhGrandma.

Thanks for the encouragement Sherrie. She called today and just wanted to say hi and hoped I am all right. I said yes and kept it short with no details so that was good. I also didn't try to go anywhere or do anything.
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2016, 11:25:20 PM »

Mama Bee, regarding the older lady who questioned your optimism--you have to remember that in her generation, ANY cancer was the worst news ever. That's the attitude that folks of that era have. They don't realize that enormous strides have been made in the medical field, even in the last 5-10 years, that have revolutionized the way we view and treat cancer. You have every reason to be optimistic. Educating her likely won't work so, if I were you, I would avoid her negativity by refusing to discuss it with her.

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2016, 10:50:57 AM »

One thing I've learned is not to worry too much about other people.

1.  The old lady probably doesn't even remember calling!

2.  She's got no idea what you're going through, and

3.  It's your health and your body.  Don't let anything upset your happy, healthy, long-lived boat! 

Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2016, 11:39:16 PM »

Thank you one and all. I have been having a hard time this week. Tonight I talked with a dear friend and adoptive mom who has survived breast cancer. She assured me that feeling tired most of the time was normal.My doctor said that I would be feeling better in about three weeks.I wanted to say," Ha!" He is young and appears to be unmarried and childless. I am old with a bunch of kids and a dh.  I am going to keep taking it easy.

My two childless adult dd were bothering me tonight.We had Christmas dinner tonight at the house of one dd and her boyfriend. As we were getting ready to leave dd was sternly lecturing my 8 year old on how he is perfectly capable of using the toilet and should not need diapers. Her boyfriend was surprised to hear that we have tried EVERYTHING. The diapers are not a battle I am not willing to fight right now. They are easier to deal with than fighting with him to clean up his mess. I finally told dd and her boyfriend to drop it and we left. I know she is scared about my health and thinks these other problems will make it worse.

When we got home and I tried to relax, my other adult dd start to tell me all of my shortcomings in parenting and how children #8 and #9 don't help with chores, are spoiled and blah,blah,blah. I told her what my priorities are right now and those aren't in the top ten. I also said that I didn't want to talk about it any more. She kept talking until I made it clear that I wanted to relax,not chat about it with her at 11pm.The kids will be up at 6 and she will be sleeping. She was offended and left the room. I apologized because I can also see how she is worried, but there is a time of day when I have had enough.

Good night my friends.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2016, 04:08:10 AM »

Mama bee 1,

I used to think I knew so much about parenting before I had children. It's a funny realization when you get kids and realize you know very little. Although I agree the 8 year old should sue the toilet if he is RAD he isn't going to until he decides to. If he isn't RAD then he may not care anyway. I know you have worked hard at it and for now it's not a priority. Perhaps when he wants to spend the night at a friends house he will realize his buddies don't wear diapers. Maybe he will never care.

Please take care of yourself. That is what matters most.

Prayers for continued healing!

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2016, 10:11:23 PM »

Hi again. I went for a CBC (hemoglobin) check today and my count was way down to 6.3. I was feeling awfully tired and I thought it was low. It is disappointing and I was feeling discouraged. Tomorrow I have to go back to the hosp. for a transfusion with dh. Fortunately, I only need one unit.

A woman from church had said that she would have my kids over for a day this week, but that didn't happen.I told them that if I didn't hear from her we would do it here at home. While I was out the other day I bought supplies to make individual pizzas and a gingerbread house. That was what the lady had said she would do with them and they were really looking forward to it. I am glad I saved it for tomorrow. Two of my adult kids are here and they can do it with them.

The doctor had said that I won't need surgery,chemo or radiation, but I am not sure of that myself.

Cher,I am not sure about removing masses. The cancer in my breast was mistaken for calcifications for three years. No large lumps. The radiologist said that it can grow like a sheath across the breast tissue.

I need to go read something uplifting.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 05:25:11 AM »

Mama Bee 1,

I am still praying for you and please keep taking care of yourself. You need to focus on you and let the adult kids and husband focus on the younger ones.

Please know I pray for you as often as I think about you.

Sherrie

D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 11:04:34 PM »

The doctor had said that I won't need surgery,chemo or radiation,

How can this be? Aren't those the ways they normally fight cancer? Perhaps they're using hormone therapy?

You remain in my prayers. Stay strong emotionally and spiritually, as well as physically. So glad you're finding people who are willing to assist with your children. I think that's great!

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »

Thanks for the prayers.

D-I misspoke. I am having chemo, but I will not lose my hair.The method they use is meds which keep the breast cancer cells from dividing. They don't kill the cells.

Sherrie- You are right. I need to back off from the kids. Dd13 is jumping on my last nerve.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »

I had an appt. with my oncologist a week and a half ago. He said again that the tumors in my neck were shrinking. One that I could feel was a little smaller than the size of a peach pit. I can't feel it at all anymore. He said that it was impressive since I had only been on the meds for eleven days. 

I am trying to rest more than I had been. It is helping. I am reading bible verses on healing that I found on Joel Osteen's website.His mother Dodie Osteen was healed of terminal liver cancer back in 1981 when the doctors sent her home to die. Her testimony which is on youtube was helpful to me. She wasn't healed instantly and it took a long time while she was still very tired,but she was healed and is still alive.

I still struggle with doubts about the fact that I will really get over this and feel better.

The kids are hovering around and I can't think straight so ta-ta for now.
Nookster
Oldtimer

Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2017, 04:14:47 PM »

Thinking of you and hoping things improve!   love4
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: