Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 19, 2024, 02:43:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Desperate people do desperate things!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's family visit  (Read 12432 times)
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:35:14 AM »

Please pray that I can manage to get to the facility my son is at because of very wet roads. Also, please pray that somehow I figure out how to accomplish whatever God has in mind.

I have been very upset all week and last week because of the therapists new approach. He doesn't seem to want to hear how I feel he simply wants to focus on my son's threats and violence and aggression. Which is fine, except how I feel really does matter, or it should. I like the therapist but I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks for praying.
Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 07:22:23 AM »

I will be praying this morning. Let us know how things go.
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:17:47 AM »

With you in spirit, dear.  You've got this!
Eliza
Baron/Baroness

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »

I'm praying for you.  ((Hug))
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 09:23:48 AM »

Praying.  If all else fails, hang on during the ride and scream to your heart's content! 

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »

Thanks!

the drive there was miserable. It poured rain, was very dark and I thought I would drive into a ditch a few times. I hate driving in the dark, especially rainy because with my glasses everything is a glare. But, thank God, I managed to get there alive and only gained a few more grey hairs. YEAH!

The visit actually went well. The therapist is well aware of my feelings and concerns. He is going to address the violence, aggression and threats during all of the next sessions he has with my son. Plus, he said he will work on the behavioral issues as best as he can given the staffing issues that exist. The facility got another boy so the cottage my son is in is full. My son hates having all of the other boys there and has struggles getting along and not following along with bad stuff they do and how they manipulate him. We talked about why he won't let me comfort him and he doesn't like hugs. He disclosed that he was sexually abused by his parents and other family members. But, eventually, he was able to see that I give appropriate hugs and that I have never hurt him. I feel good about the therapists intentions and his amazing help and understanding of my concerns and feelings. I am thankful God directed my son into his care.

After the session and school we went to eat at Sunway. then to JoAnn fabrics because I needed felt for my race tracks. We stopped at the dog shelter and I wanted to save all of the dogs. My son picked at least 3 he wanted me to bring home. But, alas, I had my pretty car and the dogs were all muddy. I should not go to shelters because I really do want to adopt all of the dogs.

My son and I discussed several issues. He admitted he didn't deserve to come home for Christmas. We talked about his violence and threats and how he needs to get them under control before he comes home. I suggested he work on some facility behavior that needs to go before he comes home so he can fit into school better. We discussed his poor self control and that he needs to do better before he comes home. he was anxious to get home because he said there are so many things he wants to do that he can't do at the facility. We talked about his defiance and disrespect towards staff so that he doesn't come home and treat me like that.

So, I am waiting to see how things go.

Thank you for praying. I felt peace and calmness during the session and survived the drive. Thanks so much.

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: