Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 19, 2024, 04:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for boys I want to adopt  (Read 19281 times)
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« on: June 27, 2017, 05:27:39 AM »

Please pray that we get more visits scheduled with the boys this week. Please pray that the lies and opinions of the vindictive case workers will be silenced. Please calm the concerns of the boy's worker about my son and our family.

I want to adopt the boys and they are a good fit in our family and with my son.

Please pray.

Thanks,

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:17:38 PM »

Praying now.
shroon
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »

I will pray for you and the boys. Keep us posted on how it goes.

4 Adult Kiddos- All doing good.
AD11 RAD; foster/adopted at 6. previously known as our granddaughter
AD7; Sweet Pea/adopted at 4. 1/2 sisters
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 05:12:42 AM »

My county agency, which was involved with my sons' case to pay for his residential treatment, is claiming they need to talk with the prosecutor to make sure they know what they can discuss.

Ohio law and rules are clear. All unsubstantiated or unfounded cases cannot be considered at all.

My foster care agency spoke with the boy's worker Monday and her only questions were about my son and his behaviors. But, as I have repeatedly shared his only behaviors revolve around immaturity and developmental delays and being a low functioning child.

The whole process is maddening. I know the county agency is worried because I am an attorney here and I know Ohio law. they certainly don't want to discuss improper stuff.

Thanks for praying. Needless to say I am upset and stressed. I have never had any good experiences with the county agency. they tell lots of lies and have gone out of their way to destroy my family before. I do not trust them at all.

Please keep praying.

Thanks so much,

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:13:17 AM »

Continuing to pray here.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 05:27:32 AM »

Thanks for the prayers.

I spoke with the agency manager yesterday. He indicated that there is very little they can share with the placing county because nothing in my files has ever been substantiated. They apparently cannot share much about my son's case either because of legal issues. So, they can't say much, at least according to him.

I have been reaching out to the placing agency all week to schedule another visit. She never responds to my emails. I am sure she is busy but in two weeks I am sure she has had some time to answer me.

I am trying to remain patient. I trust God will be in control. I just want to adopt more kids and these two boys are almost perfect fits in our family. Funny, we all wear glasses so we look like family already.

Anyway, please keep praying.

Thank you for everyone praying.

Sherrie

Eliza
Baron/Baroness

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »

I'm so sorry you are experiencing grief from an agency which is supposed to help children.  :angry fire:

I will continue to pray for your family.  ((hugs))
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 05:52:45 AM »

Thanks Eliza,

It seems pretty discouraging. I am upset about it but I know there isn't anything I can do. Agencies seem to think they have forever to do anything involving children. They only times they move fast is when the kid is awful and no one wants them.

I appreciate any support from anyone. I don't know if I can handle another loss like when I lost my great nephews. These boys remind me of that hurt and it brings back so much more pain. I just had my hopes up. I guess for women who have had children it's the same kind of feeling. Now, it's like the fear of losing the child. Sad

Thanks for the prayers.

Sherrie

Eliza
Baron/Baroness

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »

((hugs))

For years I have wished that a reputable investigative reporter would expose what really occurs in county agencies/CPS on a popular tv program (like 60 Minutes or 20/20)  The average citizen, with no experience with such agencies, is very clueless and holds a high opinion of them.  There won't be any change in these agencies' incompetencies and evilness (in many cases), until the average citizen (who elects county officials controlling these agencies) becomes aware and ANGRY. 
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 05:39:10 AM »

Eliza,

You make a good point but in Ohio CPS is exempt from any actual charges or investigations. You can't even sue them for harm because they are immune by law. That is part of the myriad of reasons the system is a mess. When I lost my dear nephews to lies and false allegations by CPS I called everyone and found out they is no oversight or authority they answer to either. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The juvenile courts just accept whatever CPS says and no one listens if there are real concerns.

The little boys I want to adopt had about 12 allegations against their parents called in before CPS even investigated. Can you imagine the hell they would have been protected from if someone had investigated early on. They probably would not have been sexually abused/exposed. But, in my case CPS made a mountain out of a mole hill because they didn't like me. They never waited for results just took the boys and did everything they could to make sure I never got them back.

Now, the same supervisor is making sure I can't adopt again. She tried to adopt my adoption of my son now but failed because the county so wanted rid of him.

But, my prayer now is specific. I am asking God to give me an answer this week about getting the boys. I very much still want them. They are wonderful boys and fit great in my family. I am not concerned about my son having issues that will harm them at all. he is immature but mostly that just means he acts like a 6 year old. So, he fits great with the 5 year old. Plus, even before his trauma was healed he always got along with other kids, especially younger kids.

Please pray for an answer this week and a visit. If I get a visit then I will know God intends for me to adopt the boys soon.

Thanks again for everyone who is praying. I appreciate the support.

Sherrie

Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 07:07:28 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions for specific prayers. That makes it easier.
Eliza
Baron/Baroness

Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »

In my county, the CPS director is accountable to the county commissioners.  They don't review the actions or complaints against CPS, but they can fire her and they hold her pursestrings. She has to "defend" her annual financial report at a county commissioners' meeting once/year.  No one ever asks meaningful questions at this presentation.  She's been elevated to Saint because the uninformed believe her agency "saves children". 

I will pray for God to send you a sign and let the little boys visit at your home.  (hug)
OHGrandma
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 02:19:00 PM »

My county is similar to Eliza's.  But the commissioners give the CPS director a blank check.  You know, "it's for the children".  And God forbid CPS errs in taking a child, as they did with our grandson.  The worker who took gs was suspended without pay, and then fired.  But CPS covered up the lie about our gs, they had no clue about RAD and how children behave due to RAD.

Praying God's will for you Sherrie, that you'd get the desire of your heart and fulfill God's will in your life.
RADDails
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

"Thank God that's over!"

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 09:27:04 AM »

Wow, OHGrandma, I couldn't have said that any better.

Just wishing you peace and happiness, and the life you want.  Much love!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: