Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 19, 2024, 05:14:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look
at what they can do when they stick together."

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for MamaBee1  (Read 29392 times)
shroon
Baron/Baroness

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 06:52:13 PM »

MamaBee

I am so happy to see you are doing well. You amaze me. Your post was inspiring to me. I have fallen into a bit of a negative nellie mindset which is not like me. Your post reminded me of how much my reaction does matter. Some days it is hard to remember. DD RAD is not of her own doing. I can't control her behaviors (only consequences and help to moderate) but I can control my response and mood. She may never change but I don't have to let RAD change my base personality.

4 Adult Kiddos- All doing good.
AD11 RAD; foster/adopted at 6. previously known as our granddaughter
AD7; Sweet Pea/adopted at 4. 1/2 sisters
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 01:15:33 AM »

shroon- Well, that was written late last night while they were all asleep. This morning everyone was falling apart, fighting and screaming. I was not fun to be around. I was trying to pack up bags( and bags and bags) of my late dh clothes to donate to a nursing home. I was supervising oldest rad as she worked on it with me. Otherwise she does a halfway job. I thought it would take an hour. It took all morning. I told the kids that they could each keep one or two of his shirts. So that became a fashion show with clothes thrown around. The guy who was going to pick them up never showed up.

My older adult  dd said she would watch the kids while I ran errands. I was ten minutes away from leaving and I asked one of the kids to go up to tell her. She answered that she was taking a nap since she thought I would take them all with me. Talk about lack of communication. So I told them all to get in the car. Then older adult dd came down and said I could leave any I wanted at home. No thanks, I was a martyr and took them. Fortunately oldest rad had a humdinger of a fit so she didn't get to go.

I could have spared myself a lot of this, but I had plans to do many things today. I was afraid that tomorrow would be a bad day from the chemo so I rushed around to get a lot of things done. I got little done, but I did get some things done that weren't in my plans at all, that ended up being more important. I ran into people who I hadn't seen in a long time and had a chance to really communicate with them. That was the best thing. I need to listen to the still, small voice or Holy Spirit when He is speaking to me. This morning i kept hearing that I should stop and read the bible, but I didn't listen. I ended up reading a little bit late at night. It wasn't much help.
Sherrie1003
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

God, grant me the strength to get through this.

Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 05:02:36 AM »

MamaBee1,

I agree with shroon. You inspire me. I only have one RAD kid and you have 5 great weird kids. I pray for you daily and I know even on the bad days God is always there to keep you going. Very few of us could handle the stress and stuff you handle any better.

God Bless, HUGS!

Sherrie

"Sometimes the clearest evidence that God has not deserted you is not that you are successfully past your trials, but that you are still on your feet in the midst of it." Dale Ralph Davis
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »

Keep reading and asking God to give you peace and comfort.  You are strong! 

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 04:30:26 PM »

Thank you everyone. You encourage me.
D
Earl/Countess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 11:31:49 PM »

MamaBee, I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I've been off the boards for a while but this was one of the first posts I read when I logged back on. It sounds like you have a very healthy outlook on his passing, as well as your own challenges. You are an example to us all!  sunny

I like to stand in the doorway at my psychiatrist's office and blow on people as they walk by. Some folks don't like it, but I'm a fan.
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 01:57:55 PM »

Thank you D. I am still doing okay.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: