Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 18, 2024, 10:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Desperate people do desperate things!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chemo side effects  (Read 7037 times)
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« on: October 17, 2018, 07:18:59 AM »

Hello to all who read this-

I could use some prayers for the side effects of chemo. My legs are swollen and have been for two weeks. Usually it goes up and down, but this time there is very little down. Prayer has helped with it before. I am also dealing with feeling discouraged that the weekly chemo is prescribed for the foreseeable future. Today I am going to ask my nurse if there is something I can take to help with the mood swings that come from the steroids they give me. Those last for two days after the chemo and I am not fun to be around... extremely irritable. Two of my adult children are no longer speaking to me, but that is not related to the steroids.

Thanks in advance to any who pray.
Hope
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:17:24 PM »

praying Smiley

AD18 RAD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, ODD
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us... Rom 5:3-5
Eliza
Baron/Baroness

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 10:21:50 PM »

Praying here too.
Cher
King/Queen

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »

Consider it done!!! love4

1= AGD 22,ODD&RAD&BPD&CUTTER&FAE, SUICIDAL,DRUG ABUSER & DRUNK.
1= AGD24, DEPRESSION, DIGESTIVE STRESS Dx, EX-SWP ASTRANGED. BIO SIS TO AGD22.
1 AD40 METH ABUSER
1 AD42 DRUNK, METH/ DOM. VIOL. BIO MOM OF DGD22 AND DGD24.
DS32 & DD43 NO ISSUES.
8 OTHER GRNDS/6 GRT GRNDS (UNKNOWN)
Mama Bee1
Earl/Countess

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 07:00:48 AM »

Thanks for the prayers. Before I closed the computer to leave for chemo that day I had received an email containing a daily devotional from one of my adult kids who had said on Monday that she would have no more to do with me until I got my act together.I hadn't expected to hear from her for quite awhile Most people close to my age continuously say that they don't know how I am doing what I do with cancer, five kids with special needs and the loss of my dh. That comforts me.

Since I was sick last week with a stomach bug that is going around, I had to miss chemo that week. I was concerned this week that the swollen legs would make them decide to stop this chemo and start something else. The Holy Spirit has told me that I will be able to stay on this chemo until I no longer need it, but sometimes I worry that I have misunderstood Him. Everything was fine. I saw the nurse practitioner who I see once a month and we had a lot of good laughs. She assured me that my doctor said I can stay on it as long as I am tolerating it and the cancer is not growing. She also told me that it was okay to take some over the counter homeopathic calming medicine which helped yesterday with the steroid crazies. My legs are still swollen, but hopefully that will stop soon.

I have been blessed with my oldest rad going to a friend's house for the weekend. My kids had yesterday and today off from school. She went home with the girl and will return to school with her Monday morning so it is 6 days that she is out of my hair.

A man came by this week to fix a problem in my house. He shared how he was diagnosed with cancer almost 20 years ago and given 3 months to live. He had weekly treatments for nine years and one day they told him he was done. And it has not come back. That encouraged me since I am only going on a year and half of chemo and two years of treatment.

I also read an article from the BBC about people in Ukraine who were leaving the war torn areas and moving to within 30 miles of Chernobyl. One woman is living in a run down house on $185 per month with her two teenage daughters. She said that she would rather deal with the risk of a slow death from cancer than worry about being shot in the war zone. That gave me a different perspective. Life may not be perfect, but at least I am still alive and doing fairly well.

Thank you all again for the prayers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: